Travis Steele

UKMustangFan

I have no clue if Travis Steele will work out or not. However people need to remember it wasnt good every year under Mack. In Mack's 4th year at Xavier they barely were above 500 and finished 17 and 14. They finished 6th in their conference, which was while still in the Atlantic 10 and didnt make the tournament. That was his 4th year, not his 1st like Steele.

Then in 2014, 2015, and 2017 they barely made the tournament and was one of the last teams in the field. To Chris Mack's credit in two of those years where they were one of the last teams in the field. Mack was able to get them to go on nice runs once they were in it.

My point is Xavier lost a lot of talent last year. Players who were the heart and soul of the team. Plus last year was not what Xavier was every year under Mack. Mack had a very bad year in his 4th season, and some other very average years during the regular season.

So to quick to judge Steele on just one year. He may show to be in over his head. However this model has worked for Xavier, so to quick to think it wont work this time.

The core 4 of Marshall, Jones, Goodin, & Scruggs are all very talented. Welege and Hankins are both solid. They have a very solid top 6. No excuse to be this bad.

They are very talented; but the 4 people you've named need the floor and the paint more to the point, to be open. They lack consistent outside shooting to spread the floor. I agree that they are playing bad right now; but they are missing the consistent shooting that they had last year.

They are very talented; but the 4 people you've named need the floor and the paint more to the point, to be open. They lack consistent outside shooting to spread the floor. I agree that they are playing bad right now; but they are missing the consistent shooting that they had last year.

Top 50 on offense, about to drop below 200 on D. There is no way they should be that bad on D with the roster they have. They have been in multiple games with quality opponents, and it was because of the offense. They aren’t winning because the D is putrid...