An awesome superbowl match-up

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What if The Giants and the Colts played each other in the Superbowl?

It's not going to happen, because Peyton is incapable of elevating his game to the degree needed to get the Colts there. But if it did, it would the first time in a very long time that I've cheered for the Giants.

It's not going to happen, because Peyton is incapable of elevating his game to the degree needed to get the Colts there. But if it did, it would the first time in a very long time that I've cheered for the Giants.

So you are saying the Giants have a shot at making it, but the Colts do not?

I think it depends on Tiki Barber's hand. The Giants have been winning lately IN SPITE of Eli, not BECAUSE of him. Brandon Jacobs is a great goal-line back but if Tiki can't hold onto the ball the Giants are done.

Tiki's hand is fine. He sprained his thumb...but he said he wont miss any time. Brandon Jacobs is also better than just a goal line back...he's a great running back period. I wish they'd give him the ball 10 times a game at least.

Eli has had one, maybe 2 bad games all year...he led them to a beautiful come back win in philly. He also had a decent game in Dallas. He's had 2 bad games...he'll be okay.

Tiki's hand is fine. He sprained his thumb...but he said he wont miss any time. Brandon Jacobs is also better than just a goal line back...he's a great running back period. I wish they'd give him the ball 10 times a game at least.

Eli has had one, maybe 2 bad games all year...he led them to a beautiful come back win in philly. He also had a decent game in Dallas. He's had 2 bad games...he'll be okay.

Tiki put the ball on the ground too much for his hand to be fine. Coughlin is famous for hiding injuries on the reports. Eli is the 17th rated quarterback in the league. He has only broken 80 on the quarterback rating once in the last 5 games and is tied for 3rd in the league for most interceptions. This team is going nowhere in the playoffs.

Tiki put the ball on the ground too much for his hand to be fine. Coughlin is famous for hiding injuries on the reports. Eli is the 17th rated quarterback in the league. He has only broken 80 on the quarterback rating once in the last 5 games and is tied for 3rd in the league for most interceptions. This team is going nowhere in the playoffs.

:laugh: Tiki fumbled once, on a bad QB/RB handoff. It wasn't really anyone's fault there

Coughlin hasn't hidden any injuries that I'm aware of since he's been with the giants. Trust me, I follow them, I read up on the injury reports weekly...daily actually. It's not hidden that the Giants have around half of their defensive starters, and two offensive starters on the sidelines injured.

Eli's rating doesn't bother me. He's made some dumb passes, but he's made some great ones as well. You can think what you want, but the rest of the NFC has done exactly NOTHING to make me think that the Giants don't have a shot in the playoffs. The Bears didnt overly impress me last night. The giants , like I said, had a ton of injuries, yet still hung right in there for most of the game. Get most of their injured guys back...and they will be fine.

We shall see. I just don't see any way this team makes it to the NFC title game, let alone the Super Bowl.

For what its worth that handoff hit Tiki in the numbers, he grabbed at it and dropped it. Even the announcers commented that it seemed as though his hand was affecting his game. If they were wrong then it could only be his nerve--and I don't believe that. Of course that is about the only time Eli hit anyone with a Giants jersey in the numbers!

What's more surprising? This quote:

Brandon Jacobs is also better than just a goal line back...he's a great running back period.

Or the one that follows:

I wish they'd give him the ball 10 times a game at least.

A great running back that only gets the ball 10 times a game?