Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Conner 59 Dixie 36

Featured Replies

Final from Dixie

  • Author
Score was 50 to 36

 

Thanks Double EE!

This one had little doubt. Short of a bad shooting night combined with some other unique things Conner was not going to lose this game. As a previous poster said the word is out now that Dixie is good so they aren’t sneaking up on anyone. Was it close at all? Or was Conner is strong control the whole time?

 

Although this leads to my question. Has Dixie underperformed expectations more than any other 9th region team? Going into the season I expected them to push the top 9th region teams but with 20 point losses to SK and Scott they seemed to be struggling to keep up. They got a nice win over Campbell recently so I was thinking maybe turning the corner? Good game for Dixie vs NDA coming up to see where they are more. Before the season I would have expected Dixie to blow them away but we’ll see now.

 

Holy Cross has underperformed expectations too.

Holy Cross has underperformed expectations? They are currently 15-4 and just won the All A Tournament. Interesting take you have there. Please explain "underperformed" maybe I'm missing something.

Holy Cross has underperformed expectations? They are currently 15-4 and just won the All A Tournament. Interesting take you have there. Please explain "underperformed" maybe I'm missing something.

 

Yeah we must be watching different teams. Losses to Oldham, Notre Dame AND Brossart! Seriously... NDA is a bunch of freshman. AND Brossart. No offense to Brossart but I was thinking HC would be on the level of NKY teams like Scott, Dixie, and SK this season. They have clearly underperformed my expectations. Maybe they were too high? But Crigler, McClendon and Simpson are GOOD players and upperclassmen now. AND they have Thomas who is the tallest most dominant center in NKY. So yeah they are way underperforming IMO.

 

How would characterize HC as having success? Victories over Newport and Ludlow?

I wasn't trying to start anything I just don't think 15-4 is underperforming. They lost to Notre Dame without 2 key starters the first week of the season and lost to Brossart by 1 in the last seconds.

 

SK and Scott aren't in the 9th and they haven't played Dixie yet. HC is not better than the big 3 of Ryle, Conner and Highlands but I feel like they are the 4th best team in the 9th right now. Maybe I'm wrong but it is my opinion. They have only played the last 2 games with a healthy roster as they have battled through injuries to Thomas and Bezold, two of their best players most of the season.

I wasn't trying to start anything I just don't think 15-4 is underperforming. They lost to Notre Dame without 2 key starters the first week of the season and lost to Brossart by 1 in the last seconds.

 

SK and Scott aren't in the 9th and they haven't played Dixie yet. HC is not better than the big 3 of Ryle, Conner and Highlands but I feel like they are the 4th best team in the 9th right now. Maybe I'm wrong but it is my opinion. They have only played the last 2 games with a healthy roster as they have battled through injuries to Thomas and Bezold, two of their best players most of the season.

 

I wasn't trying to start anything I just don't think 15-4 is underperforming. They lost to Notre Dame without 2 key starters the first week of the season and lost to Brossart by 1 in the last seconds.

 

SK and Scott aren't in the 9th and they haven't played Dixie yet. HC is not better than the big 3 of Ryle, Conner and Highlands but I feel like they are the 4th best team in the 9th right now. Maybe I'm wrong but it is my opinion. They have only played the last 2 games with a healthy roster as they have battled through injuries to Thomas and Bezold, two of their best players most of the season.

 

Your optimism is healthy. Before the season started I would be completely with you. But a bad loss to Dixie. A close loss to small small school Brossart. Those are 9th region teams. So saying HC is the 4th best team in the 9th seems really optimistic but I hope you are right when we get to tourney time!

 

Also Dixie has played Scott and SK and lost handily to both.

Holy Cross hasn't played Dixie. Lol. Nevermind. Good luck to whichever team you root for.

 

For the record Brossart and Holy Cross are both small schools.

Holy Cross hasn't played Dixie. Lol. Nevermind. Good luck to whichever team you root for.

 

For the record Brossart and Holy Cross are both small schools.

 

Yes sorry. I meant loss to NDA. When I say small small school I think I’m talking more about the expectation of the basketball program. HC was the literal state champion team four years ago. I don’t think anyone involved with HC basketball would be content with being in the same sentence as Brossart. Hopefully you aren’t either.

Holy Cross will be fine. They overcame injuries this year and have to shed the bad habits that their last coach instilled in them over many years. Every game they are getting better.

I have a true feeling that some of the ppl on this site do not really watch basketball or know what they are watching. But back to the original post, not a big surprise that Conner beat Dixie but I am surprised that it was by 20+

It wasn't 20+, the score is posted incorrectly. It was a 14 point win and there were some free throws at the end that boosted it by about 4 to 6.

 

It was a 2 point game at the half, and about a 8 to 12 lead for most of the 2nd half, with occasional spurts either way.

 

Conner was in control the whole time and was never really threatened, but Dixie hung around until the end. The better team won and it played out as one would have (should have) expected.

  • Author

What happened to Conner and Dixie talk. Cmon people.

Can a Moderator fix the Thread score? It was 50-36 Conner.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.