Lightning 6 Flyers 5 OT (NHL)

neilman1234

Alex Killorn nets the game winner for the Bolts only 18 seconds into OT as Tampa Bay wins this high scoring affair. Killorn's shot was a complete far post sniper shot. Tampa Bay is now 12-0-1 in their last 13 and are a machine. Steven Stamkos scored 2 goals and had 2 assists and now has 14 goals in the month of December. The Bolts are a force.

Amazing, considering Tampa Bay blew a 5-2 lead in the 3rd. Nikita Kurcherov picked up a goal and 3 assists to extend his league leading point total to 61.

Brayden Point scored his 22 goal of the season. He's been stuck at 21 for a couple of weeks.

No way Tampa Bay can keep this up. They have 60 points and not even halfway through the season and on pace for 124 points in the season. The closest team to them is their 2nd place rival in the Atlantic Division, Toronto, who is 8 points back.

While I am enjoying the ride, this run resembles various Washington teams prior to last season. They'd dominate the regular season, then die in the playoffs. I would rather the Bolts come back to earth and not tire themselves out and fade, as they did last year. Ironically they lost to Washington in the conference finals. Ironic in the fact that, instead of dominating the NHL in the regular season, that Washington team that had the worst record of all of the division champions. The team with the best record in the NHL after the regular season, Nashville, lost in the 2nd round of the playoffs.

No way Tampa Bay can keep this up. They have 60 points and not even halfway through the season and on pace for 124 points in the season. The closest team to them is their 2nd place rival in the Atlantic Division, Toronto, who is 8 points back.

While I am enjoying the ride, this run resembles various Washington teams prior to last season. They'd dominate the regular season, then die in the playoffs. I would rather the Bolts come back to earth and not tire themselves out and fade, as they did last year. Ironically they lost to Washington in the conference finals. Ironic in the fact that, instead of dominating the NHL in the regular season, that Washington team that had the worst record of all of the division champions. The team with the best record in the NHL after the regular season, Nashville, lost in the 2nd round of the playoffs.

I hear ya, but this is a fun ride right now! I do have the same concerns as you do, I just hope with the depth they have they can stay healthy and be strong in the playoffs.

Another crazy Lightning stat right now is their Goal Differential is +49! The next closest is Toronto at +37.