3A Playoffs: Larue County at #9 Elizabethtown

zebraman

Who Wins?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Elizabethtown
    • Larue County

Since October 13, Larue County players have been waiting a rematch. Waiting on a rematch with the Elizabethtown team that came to Larue County and gave then a 42-14 defeat. In round 3, Larue gets what they want. Will it turn out better for them or will it be more of the same?

Elizabethtown comes into the game at 8-4. Not a bad record when you see they started their season with 3 strong opponents and an 0-3 record. Since then they have been stepping things up, scoring over 40 points 5 of the 9 games since. They look to score early and often in this game to try to get the knockout early.

Larue County does not specialize in defense. In their last 5 games, they have allows 24.8 points a game. They will have to step up and make some stops against E-Town. The Larue County offense is quite capable of scoring points, averaging 33.6 points a game over the last 5.

Who wins and why?

Should be an interesting game. Last time around LaRue had 7 turnovers against E-town, and turning the ball over isn’t really something they do.

You make mention of them not “specializing” in defense, but I know Edmonson and Union County tacked on a few TDs combined when the game was already well in hand and determined.

Caldwell County is as explosive as they come along with E-town as they always seem to be, but especially when they get 7 extra possessions in a game.

This LaRue County squad seems to be playing their best ball when it matters.

Larue is who I would like to see win, because I think that would be a great story. If they don't have 7 turnovers, and they're able to dictate a lot of the flow of the game, I wouldn't be surprised to see them pull this upset.

With that being said, their scores look kind of odd this year. They've scored: 6, 0, 13, 14, and 8. While also scoring over 40 in their other games. They haven't scored in the 20s or 30s all season. And have won every time they scored more than twice.

Go Hawks!