Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

J.D. Martinez Wins 2 Silver Slugger Awards

Featured Replies

J.D. Martinez capped off a storybook first season in Boston by winning an unprecedented 2 Silver Slugger Awards in the same season. He won the award in the outfield AND at DH. The award is voted on by managers and coaches who are not allowed to vote for their own players.

 

His teammate Mookie Betts picked up his second career Silver Slugger Award in what sid be an MVP season.

 

 

J.D. Martinez makes Silver Slugger history | MLB.com

While I understand why he got it...I don't like it. If someone had played only 60 games at the beginning of the year and put up the same stats that he had, but got injured for the rest of the year (instead of playing a different position)...I don't think they'd have won. It should take more than around 200 AB's to determine who the best hitter is.

  • Author
While I understand why he got it...I don't like it. If someone had played only 60 games at the beginning of the year and put up the same stats that he had, but got injured for the rest of the year (instead of playing a different position)...I don't think they'd have won. It should take more than around 200 AB's to determine who the best hitter is.

 

I'm one of the biggest Red Sox fans around. I don't think it was necessary nor proper to give him both awards.

  • Author
Yet Michael Lorenzen can’t win one...

 

When your major gripe during awards season is that your pitcher didn't win a hitting award, well, you've probably had a bad season.

When your major gripe during awards season is that your pitcher didn't win a hitting award, well, you've probably had a bad season.

 

Not a bad point.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.