5A Playoff Bracket (Home Field Advantage)

Tones

I noticed that there were some questions in other posts about home field advantage in the playoffs. I believe that this is how home field advantage would play out under different scenarios (color code at the bottom for teams who control their own home field destiny). I placed the 5A teams in there as if the playoffs were to start today per KHSAA district rankings, so obviously there will be changes, but I thought this would visually clear things up for people (hopefully). I may be wrong but I believe that this is correct. Feel free to critique if there are any mistakes.

5A Bracket.pdf

How much of the bracket changed with last nights results? Also find it funny that Highlands, of all schools, is getting a team in the second round who gets a first round bye (Anderson County)!

That's because 5A District 5 (CovCath/Highlands/Dixie) is a 3 team district due to Grant County dropping out of district play. Whichever district is paired with 5A District 5 will result in that district champ getting a bye. Since Highlands has finished 2nd in the district the last two years, they get a district champ coming off a bye in the 2nd round.

Doubt we will hear the Birds coaches publicly griping about it this year after the public relations hit they took last year.

Unofficial Pairings

CLASS 5-A

Region One

Greenwood at Owensboro

Christian County at Bowling Green

Grayson County at Graves County

Apollo at South Warren

Region Two

Fairdale at South Oldham

Bullitt Central at Southern

Doss at Oldham County

Bullitt East at Fern Creek

Region Three

Woodford County at Covington Catholic

Dixie Heights at Montgomery County

Madison Southern at Highlands

Bye – Anderson County

Region Four

Whitley County at Pulaski County

Lincoln County at Letcher County Central

Perry County Central at Southwestern

South Laurel at Harlan County

That's because 5A District 5 (CovCath/Highlands/Dixie) is a 3 team district due to Grant County dropping out of district play. Whichever district is paired with 5A District 5 will result in that district champ getting a bye. Since Highlands has finished 2nd in the district the last two years, they get a district champ coming off a bye in the 2nd round.

Doubt we will hear the Birds coaches publicly griping about it this year after the public relations hit they took last year.

Yeah for sure. When that happened I thought, “ugh that is kind of a bulletin board deal, no reason to add a log to their fire.”

Best practice is to just keep chopping, worry about yourself, your own path.

I know why it happened. Just found it ironic after what happened last season. Agree that I don't believe we will hear anything about it this time around.