Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

1A #2 Pikeville vs. 1A #4 Hazard

Who wins this matchup? 16 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins this matchup?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Who wins this district showdown? The winner of this game will more than likely have home field throughout the playoffs. Pikeville is coming into the game on a 2-game losing streak after tough losses to Belfry and Point Pleasant (WV). Hazard is coming in after a home win against Prestonsburg last week.

District and region seem to be Pikeville’s to lose. Hazard and Williamsburg could pull a shocker, but Pikeville looks like the team this year to me. I suspect this game will be a close one, but in part I believe Pikeville may keep some tricks up their sleeves for a playoff rematch.

Hazard at HOME, give me Hazard. Pikeville at HOME, give me Pikeville.. I’ll take PIKEVILLE...

  • Author

Big time game here.

  • Author

It looks like rain for Friday night.

  • Author

Interesting stat:

 

Since 1998 Hazard and Pikeville have played 22 times, Pikeville leads the series since then 13-9.

 

14 of those games have been at Pikeville, Hazard is 0-8 in regular season games in that stretch, but they are 4-2 in the playoffs at Pikeville.

 

Hazard won in playoffs at Pikeville in (2006, 2008, 2011, 2016)

  • Author

The only time hazard has beat Pikeville at Pikeville in the regular season was 1940.

This could potentially be the first of a couple of separation games among the top 5 in the coming weeks.

  • Author
This could potentially be the first of a couple of separation games among the top 5 in the coming weeks.

 

I agree. Last year after all the district games and between what many call the big 4. It was Paintsville, Hazard, Pikeville then Raceland.

 

But we seen playoff time it reversed with Raceland, Pikeville, Hazard then Paintsville.

 

Maybe history could repeat itself after we see how things play out.

I agree. Last year after all the district games and between what many call the big 4. It was Paintsville, Hazard, Pikeville then Raceland.

 

But we seen playoff time it reversed with Raceland, Pikeville, Hazard then Paintsville.

 

Maybe history could repeat itself after we see how things play out.

 

My gut tells me Pikeville wins this game comfortably and then Hazard plays them much closer in a playoff rematch. The winning culture at Hazard is strong. And Dixon's a great coach that's been through plenty of wars against great teams over the years. He knows how to bring his team along and have them playing well when it matters most.

 

Along with Pikeville/Belfry, Belfry/JC, and Corbin/Bell County (when it's competitive), this series represents mountain football at its finest.

  • Author
My gut tells me Pikeville wins this game comfortably and then Hazard plays them much closer in a playoff rematch. The winning culture at Hazard is strong. And Dixon's a great coach that's been through plenty of wars against great teams over the years. He knows how to bring his team along and have them playing well when it matters most.

 

Along with Pikeville/Belfry, Belfry/JC, and Corbin/Bell County (when it's competitive), this series represents mountain football at its finest.

 

It’s going to be battle. I’m glad I’m going to watch. Dixon is much better as the underdog.

It’s going to be battle. I’m glad I’m going to watch. Dixon is much better as the underdog.

 

Keep us updated. I'm too busy to get out to any games tonight, so I'll be following along here on BGP and listening to a few. This is definitely one that I'll keep an eye on.

  • Author
Keep us updated. I'm too busy to get out to any games tonight, so I'll be following along here on BGP and listening to a few. This is definitely one that I'll keep an eye on.

 

This is the first one I’ve been to besides the Belfry/Hazard Scrimmage.

This is the first one I’ve been to besides the Belfry/Hazard Scrimmage.

 

Have an extra hotdog in honor of the one I won't be having tonight. :lol2:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.