2018 LIVT

Deep state

Do any of the 9th region teams (Ryle, St. Henry, Notre Dame Academy) have a realistic shot at making the gold bracket of play come Saturday morning at KIVA? Looking at the pools, I think that NDA has the best chance of making gold bracket. Eight pools of three teams. Winner of each pool goes to gold. What does everyone else see?

Pool 8 NDA

The Webb school?

Presentation

Pool 3 Mother McAuley

St. Henry

Archbishop Alter

Pool 2 Dublin Coffman

Ryle

Holy Cross (Louisville?)

I don’t know enough about Mother McAuley this year to say definitively one way or the other.... but I do know St. Henry has the talent. If they play well, they can win that pool. Same thing about The Webb School for NDA, I don’t know anything about them (except they have some kids that play club for K2, so they’re probably pretty good). If NDA can win their pool, they’ll most likely get Assumption first thing Saturday morning! Ryle will definitely need their best effort for Dublin Coffman, but crazier things have happened! Hoping for NKY to make a strong showing!

Here are my predictions for the teams that will advance to Gold on Saturday.

POOL 1 Assumption

POOL 2 Dublin Coffman

POOL 3 St. Henry

POOL 4 St. Joseph Academy

POOL 5 Sacred Heart

POOL 6 Mercy

POOL 7 Cardinal Gibbons

POOL 8 Notre Dame KY

I hope I am wrong about Ryle not advancing to GOLD but I just don't see Ryle pulling off the upset in Pool play.

Well, I got 5 out of 8 teams right in regards to advancing to Gold. NDA finished at 13th, St. Henry finished 5th and Ryle came in at 16th. This was a 24 team tournament so congratulations to St. Henry for finishing in the top 5 in a very competitive tournament. Of course, a point one way or the other could have had NDA and Ryle finish higher up the standings.

LIVT=Louisville Invitational Volleyball Tournament=Louisville Invitational Tournament

NDA=Notre Dame Academy

Looking at how many people actually reply to anything related to volleyball, it is obvious that few people actually care about volleyball around the state or even on a more local level. In years past, there was far more posts about volleyball. Disappointing!