Fleming County at Greenup County Predictions

Fleming Co vs Greenup Co Winner  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Fleming Co vs Greenup Co Winner

Fleming County upset GC last year in what many were calling a trap game. Greenup defeated Russell last year for the first time ever at Russell and were looking forward to meeting Raceland. This year, I believe, GC has a better mindset and will be ready for Fleming. What say you?

I know the term "upset" and "trap game" were thrown about last year but they shouldn't have been. Fleming County was the better team in 2017 and they way the season played out verified that as Fleming won their district for the 1st time in 20 seasons. Greenup Co is the better team in 2018 and those terms will not come into play this Friday night. Greenup Co with a running clock late.

I said when Grizzle took over at Greenup Co that he would have them competing every week quickly and he has. The program is growing and only looks to get better. I don't know if they can clip Ashland or JC this season but I look for them to contend yearly for the district next season after the realignment.

I saw their freshmen last year and nobody really stood out to me in that class. I'm not familiar with their current freshmen or middle school classes. Do they drop off that much after the current juniors?

GC has several Sophomores that contribute on Friday nights, 2 Sophomores started against Russell. The Freshman class is small but has talent and the 8th grade class behind them is very talented. GC is building a legitimate PROGRAM under Grizzle and the "window" isn't near to closing on wins