WWE Raw to stay with USA; Smackdown to Fox

So says ESPN. Details aren't known for now, but the new deal will be in place October 2019.

WWE has agreed in principle to make Fox the new home of "SmackDown Live," after the network came to WWE with what sources described as a "massive" offer.

Specific terms, beyond the fact that the deal will begin in October 2019, are unknown at this time.

A representative for WWE declined to comment. A Fox spokesperson could not immediately be reached.

As first reported by the Hollywood Reporter on Thursday, NBC Universal declined its right of first refusal to hit the numbers that WWE proposed on "SmackDown." NBC instead focused its efforts on "Monday Night Raw."

Fox reaches agreement to air WWE's 'SmackDown Live'

T.J. McAloon @tjmcaloon

"Coming up This Friday on Smackdown, Samoa Joe takes on AJ Styles in what will be a barn burner, ain't that right, Troy?"

"Yup, sure will Joe."

"And also, the Uso's take on New Day in Tag Team action. And now Rodgers stands back in shotgun 3rd and 8 from the Cowboys 22."

:lol2::lol2::lol2:

And according to The Wrap, Smackdown will move to Fridays & the show will be on the regular Fox station, not FS1 or FX.

WWE 'SmackDown': Fox Scores Pro Wrestling Show (Exclusive)

Interesting so will it be a tape of Tuesday or a Live on Friday night?

Blah on Fridays but if it is best for the WWE so be it.

And I have the same question as plant, will it be taped or live? Has to be live, right?

And I have the same question as plant, will it be taped or live? Has to be live, right?

If the deal really is "massive," as the writer of the ESPN article states. And if they really are going to air on regular Fox, I think they have to stay live. That will be an adjustment for WWE & its current scheduling, but money talks.

If live, Raw would probably have a schedule like:

Friday - House Show

Saturday - House Show

Sunday - House Show/PPV

Monday - Raw

And Smackdown:

Thursday - House Show

Friday - Smackdown

Saturday - House Show

Sunday - House Show/PPV

That would actually be better for the talent, giving them all 3 consecutive days off. I think now it's just 2 consecutive & then 1 other.

I am a DVR customer and I don't like it because now anytime there is a PPV on the weekend I either have to disrupt my Friday Night (ain't happening cause you know) or get it in on Saturday where there are lots of competing interests.

The WWE keeps expanding and expanding which is eventually going to make me a part timer which will eventually mean I won't care because I am not keeping up with the soap opera and that takes away most of the fun for me.

The Hollywood Reporter says the deal is for 5 years at $205 million per year.

To put that in context, WWE got $180 million from USA in 2017 for both Raw & Smackdown.

It's very realistic that the new deals with NBC/USA & Fox could triple what WWE got for its TV rights in 2017. Crazy, crazy money.

• 2 weeks later...

WWE & NBC Universal reached an agreement to keep Raw on USA. It's reportedly a 10-year deal worth $265 million per year.

Couple that with the Fox deal for Smackdown & WWE will be bringing in $470 million annually just in TV contracts starting in the Fall of 2019. Pretty significant jump from the $180 million they got for both Raw & Smackdown in 2017.

As a result, the stock price has continued to climb. The company will start to generate over a billion dollars in revenue shortly. Crazy stuff.

WWE’s New Television Contracts Update; FOX & NBC Details – TPWW

• 1 month later...