Covington Holy Cross hires Brandon Grammer as boys hoops coach.

I made it clear that they offered someone else before him. I'm not jumping into the Andre topic. You brought it up. If you know what happened you jump in

I was asking you seriously if they "settled" for this guy because they didn't get who they wanted. And no I don't know anything about why Andre didn't get the job.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was asking you seriously if they "settled" for this guy because they didn't get who they wanted. And no I don't know anything about why Andre didn't get the job.

Not sure I would call it settling but it wasn't the first person offered. There have been a lot of great hires in all sports throughout history where the first person offered turned it down and the next in line took it and ran. I'm hoping that happens here.

Because the staff at holy cross that was doing the hiring found someone they liked better?

I see that. Just strange and says something about the loyalty down in Latonia. I just think that some good coaches get passed over for jobs without a quality reason.

I see that. Just strange and says something about the loyalty down in Latonia. I just think that some good coaches get passed over for jobs without a quality reason.

Did Andre even apply for the job? He started a new job and might not been able to to put in all the time that is needed to be head coach.

On the flipside to that, too many coaches get hired because of "loyalty". You should hire the best person for the job. Just because someone is alumni doesn't mean they will be the best coach.

On the flipside to that, too many coaches get hired because of "loyalty". You should hire the best person for the job. Just because someone is alumni doesn't mean they will be the best coach.

Definitely agree. Ive seen it too many times. Just thought in this case, Dre would have got the head job when Ryan left.