Mercer County 2018/2019

When I mention Baughman's skill set, I mean as a true point guard... pushing the ball down the court, involving others, reading the floor, etc. I don't expect Baughman to be the only scorer. He has always had a tendency toward being generous. It will definitely need to be a team effort for them to win rather than fall to one to take over a game. They had a new 6'5" student with a nice perimeter shot who has been playing with them this summer. He could be a very nice addition. It seems that others in the region will also need to rely on team play with big departures such as Fitzgerald.

Stats and style of play from last year really contradict what you are saying. Gillis took the 5th most shots on the team last year. He was one of the best post scorers in the region. He should have taken the 2nd most shots on the team and it wasn't close. Mercer had the best roster in the region last year and they laid an egg. Drakeford was their 2nd leading scorer last summer and got offered and recruited all of July with AAU and was 4th on the team in shots taken last year. Mercer's pg took the 2nd most shots on the team. Trevon bailed them out of so many games last year. Coaching staff will have to step it up as they will not have the best roster in the region this year. Mercer never reached its full potential last year due to not getting anyone involved other then Trevon and Baughman. It will be the same result this year unless the coaching staff makes some changes.

Stats and style of play from last year really contradict what you are saying. Gillis took the 5th most shots on the team last year. He was one of the best post scorers in the region. He should have taken the 2nd most shots on the team and it wasn't close. Mercer had the best roster in the region last year and they laid an egg. Drakeford was their 2nd leading scorer last summer and got offered and recruited all of July with AAU and was 4th on the team in shots taken last year. Mercer's pg took the 2nd most shots on the team. Trevon bailed them out of so many games last year. Coaching staff will have to step it up as they will not have the best roster in the region this year. Mercer never reached its full potential last year due to not getting anyone involved other then Trevon and Baughman. It will be the same result this year unless the coaching staff makes some changes.

I tend to agree that Gillis should have been more of a target on offense last year and that he is a very good post player. I don’t know how you say Mercer layed an egg when they were unbeaten in the 12th until they got beat in the region final. I thought, considering they had a 1st year coach, they won a few that not many would have picked them in, going into the season. You say no one got involved outside of Trevon and Carter, but Ty Devine went out and had a very nice Senior year. There were games he led the team in scoring. I think they did a pretty good job moving the ball and getting the best shot. I was proud of the job this new coaching staff did and fully expect them to put my Titans in the best position possible moving forward.

IMO, Pulaski had the best roster last year pre-season. With the way Devine, Drakeford and others played I agree by seasons end Mercer had the best roster.