Former Camel Wins ACC Title at #125 for NCST

Dego15

Congratulations to Sean Fausz who won the ACC Championship #125 Title. Great example of what a student athlete should be - outstanding athlete, excellent student, and more importantly a great young man. Best of luck to Sean at NCAA Nationals.

• 5 weeks later...
Too much weight to drop in my opinion. He will hopefully be up at 133 next year.

I was surprised to see him go that low after wrestling 138 as a senior in high school. But he’s been at 125 since arriving at college. Moving up to 133 next year likely isn’t an option as NC State has an All American red shirt freshman, Tariq Wilson, who finished 3rd in this years NCAA tourney. Unless Wilson moves up, Fuasz will probably have to stay at 125.

I heard the move up in weight class from a very reliable source.

He did take a few bad losses at 133 this year, so if he does move up, it will be interesting to see how he handles the bigger guys. I also wonder what NC State's lineup will look like next year if he moves up. They've got a couple AA's (at 133 and 157) above him and two very good wrestlers at 141 and 149 (the Morris brothers) Unless there's a transfer or the whole lineup shifts up, if Fausz moves up, I wonder who the odd man out will be?

• 7 months later...

I just read that Sean Fausz is representing the USA in the U23 Freestyle World Championships currently going on in Bucharest, Romania. He is currently 3-0 in the tournament and wrestles a Russian later today for the Gold Medal. Win or lose, congratulations to Mr. Fausz, that is one tremendous accomplishment!