Whose Future in Golf Would You Rather Have?

mcpapa

Who do you take?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you take?

Give me Spieth. I know he is struggling so far this year with the flat stick, but he’s still the best putter in the world. I think Spieth will complete the career grand slam in the next couple of years and probably win 8-9 majors. Thomas will win a few more majors as well I just don’t think his career will be what Spieth’s is. Off the course they both have smoking hot girlfriends (I think Spieth is now engaged) and ridiculous houses, but Spieths endorsement money is triple what Thomas is bringing in off the course.

I would take either's future but as far as golf goes, I would take Thomas. I just think JT has a gear that Jordan does not have...and I LOVE Spieth. Spieth is much more dependent on his putter though. JT can beat you with his putter or with his power. Again, I love them both and Spieth has about a two year head start on JT in terms of winning majors but I think if we start counting major wins and tournament wins right now, JT wins more in the future.

I would take either's future but as far as golf goes, I would take Thomas. I just think JT has a gear that Jordan does not have...and I LOVE Spieth. Spieth is much more dependent on his putter though. JT can beat you with his putter or with his power. Again, I love them both and Spieth has about a two year head start on JT in terms of winning majors but I think if we start counting major wins and tournament wins right now, JT wins more in the future.

The reason you stated about why you would take JT is why I would take Spieth. Putting lasts forever and Spieth is the best in the world with the flagstick. I also think Spieth is the one with the extra gear. Just look at what he did last year at The Open. Both are going to have great careers though.

This is a great question. Right now Spieth is far from the best putter on planet as he just said after west coast swing. Big question is which one stays motivated to win as they make millions and get into their 30’s and onwards. I can see both winning 5 majors at minimum but I’ll take Spieth to win more. Not touching Tiger though at 14. Just too many darn good players now and just don’t see anyone touching him or Jack.

• 2 years later...
21 minutes ago, mcpapa said:

Time to revisit this one.

I’m still taking Spieth. Thomas is obviously still playing much better, but I’ll still take Spieth. I still think he’ll win more majors. Spieth is such a head case though that Thomas is probably the safer bet, but I’ll roll the dice with Spieth still because of the putter.