Bluegrasspreps.com 2018 - Inside the 8th Region 2-12-18

Several worthy candidates didn't make it.

Conley and Coke from Spencer

Morrison and Hicks from South

Kitchens from Simon

Pardee from WV

I can't say that any of those picked don't deserve it. There are a lot of quality players and coaches in the 8th.

Yes, Conley had better stats than at least 5 of the kids on the list and he is the best player on a top 5 team in the district. But any player that got snubbed can use that as motivation this week and in the coming weeks. Outcomes of basketball games cannot be voted on. That's what makes competition great.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, Conley had better stats than at least 5 of the kids on the list and he is the best player on a top 5 team in the district. But any player that got snubbed can use that as motivation this week and in the coming weeks. Outcomes of basketball games cannot be voted on. That's what makes competition great.

I’m glad I don’t have to vote because I’m sure it’s extremely difficult to judge who makes it and who doesn’t. Stats can only take you so far in sorting it out. Each team is different and therefore players have different roles which makes it hard to compare stats. Somehow you have to judge the relative skill level to try and sort out who makes it and who doesn’t. I’m sure it is never perfect, but it’s not an easy thing to do. Hopefully, hype and politics don’t influence voting and it really comes down to who the voters believe are the best players. I thought the list looked pretty reasonable,although I may have reordered a few players or included others myself.