Conner 67 Highlands 60

Could have been 6 to 7 more called that didnt get called against Barth. There were some iffy calls during the game but she got fouled every other trip called or not.

Barth is a tremendous player and one I enjoy watching quite a bit but she got more than her fair share of calls. It was obvious the officials were looking out for her.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barth got her fair share of calls lastnight. The call at the end of the half should have been called on her and the T on Stamm was bush league. All that said and Conner still won by 7. They are the better team and this is the 2nd time they have beaten the Birds this year.

Aaron always earns his T. They're never cheap.

Aaron always earns his T. They're never cheap.

You sound like an official. Regardless the call at the end of the half was a cheap call and a very bad call. Stamm has been Td up twice this year and both by Scully. Aren't the coaches able scratch a couple of refs each year? If so Stamm should put Scully 1st on his list .

You sound like an official. Regardless the call at the end of the half was a cheap call and a very bad call. Stamm has been Td up twice this year and both by Scully. Aren't the coaches able scratch a couple of refs each year? If so Stamm should put Scully 1st on his list .

I won't comment on the propriety of the technical, but the foul absolutely had to be called. It wasn't just end of the half, swallow your whistle kind of contact. She got destroyed just to the right of the top of the key.

You've got a bad source.

I would bet that all 3 officials do, in fact, "know someone who went" to Highlands. So I'm not sure the source is bad. On the other hand, if just KNOWING someone that went to a school is enough to impute bias for an official, we aren't gonna have very many officials in NKY.

I would bet that all 3 officials do, in fact, "know someone who went" to Highlands. So I'm not sure the source is bad. On the other hand, if just KNOWING someone that went to a school is enough to impute bias for an official, we aren't gonna have very many officials in NKY.

I ignored that silliness in the original post as everyone in NKY knows someone from every school and community. I checked to see which 3 officials had the game. 1 is a CovCath grad. One is not from NKY but now lives in Boone County. 1 is a Holy Cross grad who did recently buy a house in Ft Thomas. Hardly the conspiracy that was alluded to earlier.

I've watched two of those guys call a lot of games and they are both really good. I've not watched the third but have heard nothing but great things about him so it was a strong crew.

I don't care where officials are from. If my team is playing Newport Catholic and Tim O'Hara , NC grad, walks out onto the floor I'm giving high fives. Same if Pouncy walks out vs Holmes, same if Rob Lohr comes out for a NCC game, same if Scully comes out for a Holy Cross game. Good officials are good officials. You're not getting home-town or alumni breaks from them.

I ignored that silliness in the original post as everyone in NKY knows someone from every school and community. I checked to see which 3 officials had the game. 1 is a CovCath grad. One is not from NKY but now lives in Boone County. 1 is a Holy Cross grad who did recently buy a house in Ft Thomas. Hardly the conspiracy that was alluded to earlier.

I've watched two of those guys call a lot of games and they are both really good. I've not watched the third but have heard nothing but great things about him so it was a strong crew.

I don't care where officials are from. If my team is playing Newport Catholic and Tim O'Hara , NC grad, walks out onto the floor I'm giving high fives. Same if Pouncy walks out vs Holmes, same if Rob Lohr comes out for a NCC game, same if Scully comes out for a Holy Cross game. Good officials are good officials. You're not getting home-town or alumni breaks from them.

I'll agree with most of what you said but of the 4 you mention 2 aren't so good in my opinion. Tim O'Hara is an excellent official and I've already said how I feel about Scully. You can decide for yourself on the other 2. All I'm saying is this game was poorly officiated. Both teams deserved better. I'm done.

What you should not ignore is your ability to determine a sarcastic comment.