Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ashland 2018

Featured Replies

What does Ashland need to do to improve in 2018? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

Dual threat QB Braxton Ratliff (1,745 yards passing, 762 yards rushing, 37 total TDs) will be the centerpiece of the offense. Gone is ultra versatile playmaker Aroq Colburn (over 1,600 yards from scrimmage and 24 total TDs). He led the Tomcats in rushing and receiving. RB Blake Hester (773 yards rushing, 6 TDs) and WR Isaac Caines (473 yards receiving, 6 TDs) will have to step into leading roles next season. I'm not sure what their personnel ended up looking like on the OL last year, but John Stone is the only returning starter that I'm certain of.

 

Junior Jones returns to anchor the D-line. They'll have to replace big hitting Marcus Daniels at MLB and Vance Krueger on the outside. Colburn leaves big shoes to fill in the secondary. Hester and Caines should pull double duty on the back end.

 

Same story, different year. The path to a deep post-season run goes through Johnson Central. Ashland was able to usurp the district crown from JC last season, but couldn't get it done when it mattered most. It'll be a tall order to conquer the Golden Eagles in 2018. Ashland showed it wasn't intimidated last year, and any team with the arm and legs of Braxton Ratliff always has a chance to win anytime they step on the field.

I could be wrong but I think 3 of 5 starters return on the O-line. Maynard, Stone, and Reece Ryan. Also, Cade Brandt who has been making a splash on the bball team also plays football and from what I hear football is his best sport.

I could be wrong but I think 3 of 5 starters return on the O-line. Maynard, Stone, and Reece Ryan. Also, Cade Brandt who has been making a splash on the bball team also plays football and from what I hear football is his best sport.

 

Reese Ryan's a senior. Did Brandt play football last year? I didn't see his name on the roster.

No, didn't enroll at Ashland until like September I think.

What position does Brandt play?

What position does Brandt play?

 

WR/DB

 

He's a good athlete. He'll give the offense another weapon opposite Caines.

Just saw where Caines broke his right hand. Hate it for the kid. What does this do for the Cats on offense and defense.

Apparently, the Tomcats are getting new uniforms this year, including a return to white helmets. I'm all for it. I always loved the 90's era Ashland unis. It would be nice to see them go with the white helmet, maroon jersey, silver pants look again.

Apparently, the Tomcats are getting new uniforms this year, including a return to white helmets. I'm all for it. I always loved the 90's era Ashland unis. It would be nice to see them go with the white helmet, maroon jersey, silver pants look again.

 

 

I like the maroon helmet much better than the white.

I believe I heard Ashland will scrimmage Sheldon Clark this weekend and possibly Spring Valley next weekend.

I believe I heard Ashland will scrimmage Sheldon Clark this weekend and possibly Spring Valley next weekend.

 

Yes, I believe we are at Sheldon Clark and home against Spring Valley

I like the maroon helmet much better than the white.

 

Come on, LRCW. You've got to admit, these are pretty sharp. Nothing fancy, but a very clean look.

 

Djsw3_iU4AAdyzQ.jpeg

 

All they need now are the silver pants.

 

565132935b04b.image.jpg

Come on, LRCW. You've got to admit, these are pretty sharp. Nothing fancy, but a very clean look.

 

[ATTACH]66806[/ATTACH]

 

 

 

 

All they need now are the silver pants.

 

[ATTACH]66807[/ATTACH]

 

 

 

Still like the maroon helmets much, much better.

Regardless of what they are wearing, this should be the best Ashland team in a long time.

 

3rd year starter Ratliff at QB already has a D1 offer and can win games with his legs or his arm. Pittman is one of the fastest backs in the state. Hester has hit the weights hard and looks primed for a good year. South Point transfer Brandt brings big time athleticism at the receiver spot. A healthy Ryan Bryant is a scary proposition for opponents. The offensive line is very experienced led by 3rd year starter John Stone at center. Junior Jones on the defensive line is a beast.

 

The Tomcats are the real deal this season. Now is it enough to beat Johnson Central? I don't know, but it certainly should be interesting.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.