Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trimble Co v's Owen Co

Featured Replies

Tonight's only game...at Owen. In addition to being, obviously, a district seed game, this one will also deteremine the winner of the NCKC.

What are the NCKC standings?

  • Author
What are the NCKC standings?

 

Trimble has lost only to Henry (man should have won that one! too bad you can't go back in time!).

Owen has lost only to Henry, but still has to play Carroll.

Henry lost to Eminence and Carroll.

Carroll lost to Gallatin and Trimble, must still play Owen.

Gallatin lost to Trimble and Owen.

Eminence beat Henry, lost to Trimble, didn't play any of the others, I assume due to their "8 man" schedule. Not sure how that figures in.

Henry and Gallatin did not play,so not exactly sure how that figures in, either.

 

Regardless, IF Trimble wins tonight, they are locked in as Champs, having lost the fewest games and played the most NCKC games. IF Owen wins tonight, each team has two losses, but Owen would have beat Trimble, so I assume that is the tie-breaker.

 

I am not actually in the "know", so I could be wrong on the specifics here, but what I do know is that Trimble must win the game to be NCKC champs.

Gallatin and Eminence are not in NCKC in football as of right now

 

I think that it is Trimble,Owen,Henry and Carroll that can win the NCKC.

 

Pretty soon it will be pretty wild up there in NCKC w/ Gallatin, Eminence, Walton-Verona all playing football.

  • Author
Gallatin and Eminence are not in NCKC in football as of right now

 

I think that it is Trimble,Owen,Henry and Carroll that can win the NCKC.

 

Pretty soon it will be pretty wild up there in NCKC w/ Gallatin, Eminence, Walton-Verona all playing football.

 

True...not sure it how it will all pan out with scheduling. If you are, say Carroll and have to play Trimble, Eminence, Owen, Henry, Gallatin, W-V and your district opponents, that doesn't leave a lot of wiggle room. (Well, Owen will be in their district, so they can double-dip there). Henry will have no NCKC teams in their district. Should make for some scheduling challenges at those places.

I think that was the original idea behind the creation of the NCKC it helped scheduling out a lot back in the day.

Still wondering how this year's NCKC will shake out it looks like Trimble/Henry/Carroll will all have one loss......and Owen still to play Trimble & Carroll.

Thought this was a big district game. Have to go with Trimble 36-14.

  • Author
I think that was the original idea behind the creation of the NCKC it helped scheduling out a lot back in the day.

Still wondering how this year's NCKC will shake out it looks like Trimble/Henry/Carroll will all have one loss......and Owen still to play Trimble & Carroll.

 

I am not sure if it comes down to overall record or record against the NCKC schools that are not full participants, in the event of a tie. I will have to wait until someone that is more knowledgeable can answer that.

Trimble wins by 15

TC 54

OC 13

Trimble has lost only to Henry (man should have won that one! too bad you can't go back in time!).

Owen has lost only to Henry, but still has to play Carroll.

Henry lost to Eminence and Carroll.

Carroll lost to Gallatin and Trimble, must still play Owen.

Gallatin lost to Trimble and Owen.

Eminence beat Henry, lost to Trimble, didn't play any of the others, I assume due to their "8 man" schedule. Not sure how that figures in.

Henry and Gallatin did not play,so not exactly sure how that figures in, either.

 

Regardless, IF Trimble wins tonight, they are locked in as Champs, having lost the fewest games and played the most NCKC games. IF Owen wins tonight, each team has two losses, but Owen would have beat Trimble, so I assume that is the tie-breaker.

 

I am not actually in the "know", so I could be wrong on the specifics here, but what I do know is that Trimble must win the game to be NCKC champs.

 

I believe the NCKC only consist of Trimble, Henry, Carroll, and Owen counties. If Trimble beats Owen and Carroll beats Owen it will be a 3 way tie between Trimble, Henry, and Carroll for the NCKC Champs.

Trimble Co. 35-21.

  • Author
I believe the NCKC only consist of Trimble, Henry, Carroll, and Owen counties. If Trimble beats Owen and Carroll beats Owen it will be a 3 way tie between Trimble, Henry, and Carroll for the NCKC Champs.

 

I will have to take your word on that. Is there not a tie-breaker, then? Also, can schools choose not to participate in the football portion, even though they have a team, and still be a member in, say basketball, baseball, softball? It is understandable for Gallatin, being a first year team (though hats off to them for such a good showing this year!) but Eminence has had an established football team for years. I guess what I am asking is, can you pick and choose which sports you want to participate in for the NCKC?

 

I know that there was discussion several years ago when the Trimble softball coach did not want to play some of the NCKC schools twice, that it would jeopardize the school's membership in the NCKC.

 

Regardless, good luck to Coach Poynter and the Raiders tonight!:thumb:

Will this game be broadcast via the internet?

 

And if so what is the site where folks can listen to it at?

I will have to take your word on that. Is there not a tie-breaker, then? Also, can schools choose not to participate in the football portion, even though they have a team, and still be a member in, say basketball, baseball, softball? It is understandable for Gallatin, being a first year team (though hats off to them for such a good showing this year!) but Eminence has had an established football team for years. I guess what I am asking is, can you pick and choose which sports you want to participate in for the NCKC?

 

I know that there was discussion several years ago when the Trimble softball coach did not want to play some of the NCKC schools twice, that it would jeopardize the school's membership in the NCKC.

 

Regardless, good luck to Coach Poynter and the Raiders tonight!:thumb:

 

I do not believe there is a tie-breaker. I think if Trimble and Carroll beat Owen it will be Co-Champions bewteen TC, CC, and HC. I am not sure about the choosing to be in the NCKC or not.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.