Who will be the top sprinters in the 100m, 200m and the 400m in NKY this year?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow!!! What a race!! Round 3 goes to Dillon!!

How does round 3 go to Dillon? If your referring to the sprint medley at Conference that is wrong. Dillon got the baton 7 meters before Summe. Summe then passed him. Dillion caught back up with him with 50 meters left and only won by a step. So in reality Summe would have beat him by 6 1/2 meters..... Summe ran a sub 50 split. I know Dillon is fast but he didn’t win round 3.... Has to be head to head to count it against each other IMO...

Wow!!! What a race!! Round 3 goes to Dillon!!

UNCLOVER,

I didn’t mean any disrespect or did I mean to discredit Dillion. He is an amazing athlete. I just think it needs to be a head to head race to count. To many variables in a relay unless they get the baton at the exact time. Cooper is a class act program.

I agree with you!! It’s exciting to watch those two compete!! Plus we still have another year!! I also have much respect for Luke. There will be no more post on who wins what. Good luck to Luke and all the Cov Cath runners and all the Northern Ky teams!!

I agree with you!! It’s exciting to watch those two compete!! Plus we still have another year!! I also have much respect for Luke. There will be no more post on who wins what. Good luck to Luke and all the Cov Cath runners and all the Northern Ky teams!!

I’m with you there!! Both great athletes that we should just let compete. Best of luck to the Jags as well. Are you all at Scott next Thursday?

No we are at Bryan Station Tomorrow, Boone County Championships on Monday and Ky relays on Saturday.

Best of luck this weekend and next week/ weekend. We are at Brother Borgia- Louisville St. X tomorrow then off until Thursday at Scott then Moeller next Saturday. Guess we won’t see each other until region!!

Maybe it’s time for a midseason recap for a few sprint stars?

Seth Evers, Bellevue - The defending 100 and 200 state champ already has PRs this season in the 200 (22.56) and 100 (11.24). Both are #1 in the state in 1A. Seth is also #3 in 1A 400, with a PR 51.87. Worth noting - #2 in the 100, by the narrowest of margins, is Danville’s D’mauriae VanCleeve. This could be an epic matchup at state.

Add St. Henry junior Hayden Norris to the watch list of top NKY 400 performers. PR of 51.21 (KY 1A #2) at last week’s Eastern Relays.

Ryle’s Jake Chisolm set PRs of 11.10 (KY 3A #10) and 23.23 almost a month ago. The future Dayton footballer also is one of NKYs top horizontal jumpers. Chisolm is the 3A Region 5 leader in the Long Jump (20-10, KY #8) and #2 in the Triple Jump (41-6.5).

Ryle also has a standout freshman in Leo Bouldin. 11.50 (NKY 3A #2) and 23.48 (#3). Ryle could score some big points in the sprints and relays come regional time.

The Perry (Cooper) v. Summe (Cov Cath) rivalry continues in the 3A 400. It’s not a question of will they, but when they break 50 seconds in an open race.

Natalie Pope of St. Henry is having a great year. All three of her times (12.94, 27.04 and 1:01.92) rank in the top five (KY 1A).

Multi-sport star Juliet McGregor of Ryle is an eight-time NKY regional champ. The junior has been one of the area’s top sprinters/jumpers since she was a 7th grader. Her 12.55 100 and 25.73 200 are both top four times in 3A in the state. I’d love to see her put the hammer down and set some major PRs this year.

• 2 weeks later...
What a beautiful day for a track meet. Good luck to all the athletes today. Run hard, throw far and jump high. Go Jags!!

Lots of Likes.jpg

Heap of likes! Hope you and CCHColonels44 meet up and enjoy the day.

Edited by Runcible Owl

Nick Veneman (Highlands), Seth Evers (Bellevue) and Natalie Pope (St. Henry) each swept the 100m, 200m and 400m in their respective regional meets. Luke Lawson (Walton-Verona) also doubled in the 110m and 300m hurdle races. All four are at or near the top of the state rankings within their class. Congrats!

Read that Pope also ran a leg of St. Henry’s winning 4x400 relay. If anyone knows if either Lawson or Veneman ran on their school’s winning 4x100 or 4x200 relay teams, please share.

Other top finishes in the sprint relays: NCC won the 1A girls 4x100 and 4x200. St. Henry’s boys topped the field in the 1A 4x400. Well done all.

For more on the NKY 1A regional, please see James Weber’s article:

St. Henry leads big day for 1A track stars

It was a great day at the track. Sorry I didn’t get a chance to meet up with UNCLOVER. Luke Summe swept the 200m and 400m respectively for CCH while CCH took home the region championship. Tough day on all of the runners as most were not used to this heat and the wind at CCHS was really strong on the backstretch.

Best of luck to all athletes and teams at State!!