Grant County 67 Notre Dame 47

My observation not having a high school basketball player is that NDA prioritizes other sports. I can tell you the talk amongst some of the younger feeder school girls is that if you are serious about basketball you look elsewhere.

NDA does not prioritize one sport over another. A lot of people think that but simply not true. Not sure what the issue is currently with basketball. Personally I like the coach like the kids but together something isn't clicking.

It is no more complicated than NDA simply doesn't have the talent on their roster this season to compete at the highest levels. Talent levels in high school basketball are and should be cyclical, even at private schools. Good coaching cannot overcome talent deficiencies, so please give NDA's coaches a break. They have a lot of young kids on their roster who are learning and this season may just be a stepping stone to build for future success. They are also in a tough district and region this year. The 9th is a bear with Conner, Ryle, Holy Cross, Holmes, Highlands, Cooper and so on. Losing to Grant is not a sign the sky is falling. Grant's a very good team that has a good shot at winning their district and competing for the 8th as they are one of the 4 or 5 best teams in that region.

It is no more complicated than NDA simply doesn't have the talent on their roster this season to compete at the highest levels. Talent levels in high school basketball are and should be cyclical, even at private schools. Good coaching cannot overcome talent deficiencies, so please give NDA's coaches a break. They have a lot of young kids on their roster who are learning and this season may just be a stepping stone to build for future success. They are also in a tough district and region this year. The 9th is a bear with Conner, Ryle, Holy Cross, Holmes, Highlands, Cooper and so on. Losing to Grant is not a sign the sky is falling. Grant's a very good team that has a good shot at winning their district and competing for the 8th as they are one of the 4 or 5 best teams in that region.

OK Thanks

Are you saying they should abandon the starting 5 and let the younger ones play? Do you think the deficit that NDA is losing by would be less with the younger team?

Edited by 4 Love of the Game
Adding

Are you saying they should abandon the starting 5 and let the younger ones play? Do you think they deficit that NDA is losing by would be less with the younger team?

Great question. That is a crazy Comment. There is very very little basketball talent in the younger classes. A couple athletes and I would be surprised if 3-4 on my list even play due to other sports in a year or two.

• 2 weeks later...
My observation not having a high school basketball player is that NDA prioritizes other sports.

I doubt NDA prioritizes any sport above another. It's about what sports the parents and students choose to put above basketball. NDA's tradition in Soccer, Tennis, Golf, Swimming, and Volleyball is unmatched. And softball has been turned around too. NDA has the athletes, they just choose other sports.

I doubt NDA prioritizes any sport above another. It's about what sports the parents and students choose to put above basketball. NDA's tradition in Soccer, Tennis, Golf, Swimming, and Volleyball is unmatched. And softball has been turned around too. NDA has the athletes, they just choose other sports.

I agree. A few years ago Coach Levandusky team, had her starting 5 all played multiple sports. Clemons, Kellam, & Voskuhl (all played soccer), Ogle (volleyball) and Smith (Softball). Now only few try it but most focus on just 1 sport when they hit the varsity level at NDA.

ND made the wrong call when they had that chance. Now they struggle big. 2 teams in that district now.[/QUO

Man, KY1st you are making your rounds today.. I assume since you mentioned Donna in a previous incorrect statement that you are now referring to the non hire of Kez at NDA?