NFL Coaching Tracker

Now Michael Lombardi is saying Patricia is a lock for the Lions.

The Giants have interviewed several coaches. Some with teams still in the playoffs, some not. Since they haven't announced anything, either they're not happy with any of the options thus far or they are waiting for a coach who's still in it.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really like both hires..

I dont know a lot about Shurmur, but he won 9 games in 2 years in Cleveland, which is impressive. He also did well with Minnesota, even though he lost his starting RB and QB.

I keep hearing McDaniels wanted some roster control which probably wasn't an option in NY.

I thought he'd be the giants guy, but i think his lack of experience hurt him. I hope the Giants made the right choice.

Sounds like there's some second-guessing about Shurmur after last night's efforts....I imagine he's still the guy, but you never know.

Have also heard rumblings that McDaniels is having second thoughts about the Colts job. Not sure if there's any truth to it though.

Sounds like there's some second-guessing about Shurmur after last night's efforts....I imagine he's still the guy, but you never know.

Have also heard rumblings that McDaniels is having second thoughts about the Colts job. Not sure if there's any truth to it though.

If there is, there shouldn't be. Last night's game wasn't on Shurmur. No, the Viking's offense didn't play great. But the Viking's defense was terrible. Shurmur did a great job all year with a career backup QB, an undrafted #1 receiver, a mid round #2 receiver, and losing their number 1 franchise back in game 4.