Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cincinnati at Xavier Predictions

Skyline Crosstown Shootout 25 members have voted

  1. 1. Skyline Crosstown Shootout

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 30
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ladies and gentlemen, my good friend, Lou Holtz.

 

Nope. 2 reasons why.

 

1. Until UC wins at Cintas, picking them to win at Cintas is futile.

 

C. I love the UC roster, but I don't know yet if they have a killer. Trevon Bluiett is a killer. If the game is close, and I expect it to be close, the guy on the floor you want to have the ball plays for the bad guys...

  • Author
Nope. 2 reasons why.

 

1. Until UC wins at Cintas, picking them to win at Cintas is futile.

 

C. I love the UC roster, but I don't know yet if they have a killer. Trevon Bluiett is a killer. If the game is close, and I expect it to be close, the guy on the floor you want to have the ball plays for the bad guys...

 

Here is why I think UC has a GREAT chance to get a win:

 

UC turns over their opponents (again, beaten to death, inferior opponents to this point) on 23.5% of their possessions. Not only is that VERY good, but it creates opportunities for run-outs and easy baskets when they are live-ball turnovers.

 

The flip is, Xavier only turns over their opponents on 15% of their possessions, near the bottom in the country, so less easy baskets, more time in a defensive stance, more chances to breakdown defensively.

 

If Xavier gets sloppy with the ball, which they are prone to do, they could be in deep trouble against the Bearcats. Also, if Xavier loses the transition points comparison to UC, they will most assuredly be in trouble.

How bad is Trevon Bluiett's back? Anyone think it'll be an issue for Saturday? Hopefully not as you want both teams at 100%.

 

This will be my first Crosstown Shootout. Rooting for Xavier but hope it's a good game. I'll take X 67-63.

For those of you thoroughly entrenched in this rivalry where does this rank as far as college basketball rivalries? Outside of the 2 obvious ones, this has to top the list right?

Also when was the last time both of these teams were this good?

  • Author
For those of you thoroughly entrenched in this rivalry where does this rank as far as college basketball rivalries? Outside of the 2 obvious ones, this has to top the list right?

I think it is the 2nd best non-conference rivalry in College basketball, behind UK / UL, and 3rd best overall with Duke / UNC #1.

 

I would put IU / Purdue right behind the above 3, if I was making a Mt. Rushmore with 4 heads.

Also when was the last time both of these teams were this good?

 

Last season...

Last season...

I know both were really good last year, but this year seems different.

I know both were really good last year, but this year seems different.

 

Prior to two season ago, there had never been a Shootout with both teams in the Top 25 at the time the game was played. This will be the 3rd season in a row it has happened...

  • Author
Prior to two season ago, there had never been a Shootout with both teams in the Top 25 at the time the game was played. This will be the 3rd season in a row it has happened...

 

Missed you tonight.

Missed you tonight.

 

Family stuff. See you Saturday...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.