November 16, 20178 yr I think the Medical Profession has to open up and let people know about clients that are depressed and on depression medicine. This patient confidentiality should be overidden in these cases. Anyone on any type of depression or anxiety meds should have all guns and weapons taken from them. It may cut down on some things but eventually if someone wants to go kill someone it will happen anyway.
November 16, 20178 yr I think the Medical Profession has to open up and let people know about clients that are depressed and on depression medicine. This patient confidentiality should be overidden in these cases. Anyone on any type of depression or anxiety meds should have all guns and weapons taken from them. It may cut down on some things but eventually if someone wants to go kill someone it will happen anyway. Interesting perspective. I'll be interested to read the opinions of some of our resident topic not to be discussed advocates have on this.
November 16, 20178 yr I'm a firm believer in "if you see something, say something". We always hear the talk after a shooting about how neighbors thought the suspect was unstable or a loner who liked to shoot his guns at night or was seen torturing small animals, etc.; always ranting about the government, a political party, a religion, etc...you get the picture; but no one says a word for fear of being labeled.
November 16, 20178 yr Interesting perspective. I'll be interested to read the opinions of some of our resident topic not to be discussed advocates have on this. I'll also say that if parents have guns and kids are on depression or anxiety meds, they need stripped of guns too. (Sandy Hook) But it also will probably lead to fewer people getting on meds they need for fear of losing gun rights.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.