Project Top 10 Week 11

GrantNKY

Ohio State has two terribly noncompetitive losses. For that reason, I feel they're towards the bottom of the two loss teams in "contention".

Maybe Wisconsin deserves to be a bit higher, but man they just look average when I've watched them. I fully expect them to lose this weekend against Michigan, now that they have a competent QB under center.

:lol2: you just picked Wisconsin in the contest. Haha I'm not going to comment on OSU. I'll let the committee do that for me.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know how the Big Ten tie breaker would work out if Michigan beats Wisconsin on the road and then beats OSU in the Big House.

I would think they would end up with a 4 way tie if that happened, or 3 way if UM loses to Wisc and beats OSU.

I'm not positive, but I assume it would be Ohio State.

They'd do head-to-head results...

Ohio State: 2-1 vs. Penn State, Michigan State, and Michigan

Michigan State: 2-1 vs. Penn State, Michigan, and Ohio State

Michigan: 1-2 vs. Penn State, Michigan State, and Ohio State

Penn State: 1-2 vs. Ohio State, Michigan State, and Michigan.

That would leave Ohio State and Michigan State. Since OSU beat them, I believe they'd get in. I could be completely off, but that seems logical. :idunno:

Anyone know how the Big Ten tie breaker would work out if Michigan beats Wisconsin on the road and then beats OSU in the Big House.

I would think they would end up with a 4 way tie if that happened, or 3 way if UM loses to Wisc and beats OSU.

If OSU beats Illinois this week and Penn State and Michigan State win out against their weak schedules, OSU wins the Big 10 East. OSU would be 2-1 vs. PSU, MSU, and Mich. The other 3 would all be 1-2.

I'm not positive, but I assume it would be Ohio State.

They'd do head-to-head results...

Ohio State: 2-1 vs. Penn State, Michigan State, and Michigan

Michigan State: 2-1 vs. Penn State, Michigan, and Ohio State

Michigan: 1-2 vs. Penn State, Michigan State, and Ohio State

Penn State: 1-2 vs. Ohio State, Michigan State, and Michigan.

That would leave Ohio State and Michigan State. Since OSU beat them, I believe they'd get in. I could be completely off, but that seems logical. :idunno:

It would be OSU. 2-1 versus the other 3 schools and the rest are 1-2.

Hope that D line shows up better than they did against Penn State because they are about to face the two best running backs in the Big 10 in back to back weeks. Good luck. :up:

I'm not worried about Wisconsin's offense. Now that Michigan has competency at the QB position, I like their chances. Now Ohio State's RBs are a different story, but I'm just focusing on Wisconsin for now. :lol2:

Could a 1 loss Bama (who would not be SEC Champs in either scenario getting to 1 loss) get left out of the Playoffs?

0 loss Wisconsin & TheU would get in before Bama

1 loss UGa (SEC Champs), OU (Big12 Champs), Clemson & TheU (ACC Champs) would go before Bama

1 loss TheU (non-ACC Champs) & Wisconsin (regardless of whether B1G Champs) would NOT go before Bama

2 loss Auburn (SEC Champs) would go before Bama (they'd be Champs & have head-to-head)

No other 2 loss team (whether Champs or not) would go before Bama.

I'm not worried about Wisconsin's offense. Now that Michigan has competency at the QB position, I like their chances. Now Ohio State's RBs are a different story, but I'm just focusing on Wisconsin for now. :lol2:

Johnathan Taylor may wind up in New York with a strong end of the season. I'd be worried about him if I were you.

Could a 1 loss Bama (who would not be SEC Champs in either scenario getting to 1 loss) get left out of the Playoffs?

1 loss UGa (SEC Champs), OU (Big12 Champs), Clemson & TheU (ACC Champs) would go before Bama

1 loss TheU (non-ACC Champs) & Wisconsin (regardless of whether B1G Champs) would NOT go before Bama

2 loss Auburn (SEC Champs) would go before Bama (they'd be Champs & have head-to-head)

Simple answer: No. Bama has secured a spot in the playoff now already as far as I'm concerned.

The only team that would be able to keep a one loss Bama out of the playoffs would be an undefeated BIG 10 champ Wisky. Unless Bama loses to Auburn really bad.

The only team that would be able to keep a one loss Bama out of the playoffs would be an undefeated BIG 10 champ Wisky. Unless Bama loses to Auburn really bad.

Wiscy isn't going to be undefeated anyways. :D You all have already secured your spot in the top 4.