McCracken County vs. Daviess County (6A Second Round)

thsrocks

McCracken County vs. Daviess County:Who wins and why?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. McCracken County vs. Daviess County:Who wins and why?

• Daviess County
    • McCracken County

McCracken County (7-4) defeated Daviess County (6-5) on September 22 by the score of 56-40. The Mustangs have put together a six game winning streak, scoring no fewer than 40 points duing that span.

The Panthers have won three in a row. McCracken County should take this rematch. I see the outcome as 35-14 for the Mustangs.

I am a little surprised at the lack of activity on this thread.

Hey Panthers, Trinity Nation would really appreciate an upset in this one. The Mustangs did knock the Rocks out of the baseball tourney this past spring, but the football fans don't feel the need to drive to Paducah to exact revenge.

I am a little surprised at the lack of activity on this thread.

Hey Panthers, Trinity Nation would really appreciate an upset in this one. The Mustangs did knock the Rocks out of the baseball tourney this past spring, but the football fans don't feel the need to drive to Paducah to exact revenge.

THS, I agree on the lack of activity.

I think Daviess County has a puncher's chance in this game. I think they have the overall best player in WR Marquel Tinsley who is likely the 2nd best receiver in the state. That said, they have not had to put together a full game in about a month now (lost at Home to Henderson Co on Oct 13 34-27). I think they have to put a full game together to win this game and make BIG plays in the 4th Quarter to win. That's something they really haven't done this year.

McCracken on the other hand is the better team IMO, but their schedule is really the same as Daviess County as far as preparing them for the playoffs. One teams at home and the other has revenge to pump them up (McCracken beat Daviess in Paducah earlier in the season as you mentioned above).

With all that said, I like McCracken to win the game. But don't cash in your gas card chips yet, as they'd still have to beat Central Hardin/Hendo to earn the right to match up with the Shamrocks after Turkey Day!

I saw McCracken County play in mid-September and they didn't look very good. Since that time they've won six straight, albeit against lesser competition (including back-to-back shutouts against Muhlenberg County). Daviess showed they could score against McCracken but they've got to be able to stop the Mustangs. Their defense has played better since the first game, including allowing only seven points to Apollo and North Hardin. A Daviess win would be an upset, but I think they're capable of getting a victory.

I have a feeling DC wins this game. McCracken is good, but not sure they can slow down Tinsley, now DC has a running game also. Just a gut feeling.

Rosco,

I don't think anything you've said is necessarily wrong, but my question is that last time around the DC offense wasn't the problem. The DC D gave up 56 points = problem. What does your gut say about the Daviess County defense?