Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Brentwood Academy 42 MBA 7

Featured Replies

Nashville Brentwood Academy improves to 6-1 on the season while MBA drops to 4-4.. Brentwoods only loss has come to Div II, AAA McCallie 27-24, who most felt was an upset...McCallie is also 6-1, with its only loss coming to 2a power Alcoa 24-21...

 

Thought this might be of some interest to the Manual and Trinity fans, who have played these teams...

 

Thought this might be of some interest to the Manual and Trinity fans, who have played these teams...

That is a little interesting. I certianly didn't know what to expect of this very young Manual team before the season, at this point in the season they now have produced a respectable record with respect to thier competition.

 

I honestly doubt Manual will make much if any noise in the playoffs, however there performance this season does say a great deal about the health and staying power of the school's football program.

That is a little interesting. I certianly didn't know what to expect of this very young Manual team before the season, at this point in the season they now have produced a respectable record with respect to thier competition.

 

I honestly doubt Manual will make much if any noise in the playoffs, however there performance this season does say a great deal about the health and staying power of the school's football program.

 

No personal attack RRR but this is a very good reason the program has yet to make "noise" in recent history. There is not that belief that this program can be competitive with the powers in Louisville let alone the state. A lot of "fans" want to prognosticate then say later how "they knew" this and that. Heck, go out on a limb and say, " I think the Rams (my team) can do it!!

This goes a long when and CAN BE contagious ! You support your team and program and tell them (and anyone else who will listen) that this program is going to be around. Manual has the ability on given nights to beat the Males, St. Xs, & Trinitys of football. It is difficult to re-instill that overall BELIEF in young players (after seasons of being whipped) but as long as there is some consistency in the program, the players wiill START to believe. When will the FANS start to believe?

No personal attack RRR but this is a very good reason the program has yet to make "noise" in recent history. There is not that belief that this program can be competitive with the powers in Louisville let alone the state. A lot of "fans" want to prognosticate then say later how "they knew" this and that. Heck, go out on a limb and say, " I think the Rams (my team) can do it!!

This goes a long when and CAN BE contagious ! You support your team and program and tell them (and anyone else who will listen) that this program is going to be around. Manual has the ability on given nights to beat the Males, St. Xs, & Trinitys of football. It is difficult to re-instill that overall BELIEF in young players (after seasons of being whipped) but as long as there is some consistency in the program, the players wiill START to believe. When will the FANS start to believe?

 

I believed last year was going to be THE year. This year I felt would be a rebuilding year, but I'm very happy to see they haven't fel as far as many predicted. I'd love nothing more for Manual to go in the playoffs and make the run of the century. And of all the teams in 4A, I definitely think Manual has one of the better chances. I'm not going so far to say I think they WILL do it, but I totally stand by the "CAN" aspect for Manual. That's when the players come in and believe in themselves. They've got to prove it.

 

In regards to Brentwood taking out MBA, I'm a little surprised at the difference, but not surprised they won. Trinity should've beaten MBA.

I saw Brentwood firsthand and saw MBA on tape. The teams are going in different directions this season. I strongly felt that the Brentwood team would "handle" the MBA team I saw versus Trinity. Combination of the size and speed that BA had was unbelievable.

 

I think the youth at Manual learned a few things in the opening game this season. One thing I saw is that they never gave up. Got beat physically and wore down due to the heat but played hard until the end. The nature of this game only allows a winner and a non-winner per contest. (In most all cases)

There are lessons to be taken from any game whether it is victory or defeat, we all know this but sometimes people look only at the W or L. The non district part of a team's schedule is not a playoff threatening part of the season. Use this part of the schedule to build confidence when possible and of course build experience. All the talk last year was about the expectations at Manual but as the saying goes, "you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink." A lot of things have to "fall into" place for a special championship season to be achieved. Team chemistry is always a plus as is an overall belief in the program by players, coaches, administration, PARENTS....anyone and everyone involved with the organization. You do not have to agree with everything that is going on in a program to support the players and team. These days it seems that the less a person knows about football (schemes, philosophies, and even rules), the more they act like they know. Parents second guessing play calls, personnel decisions, and schemes without spending the time that a staff spends with a team. There is usually some sort of rhyme to reason, especially if you can remove yourself from looking only from an individual player's (parent's) perpective.

These days it seems that the less a person knows about football (schemes, philosophies, and even rules), the more they act like they know.

 

The saying that rang truest for me (as you could probably attest) in football was "I don't know anything about football, I just play it.":lol:

Reminds me of the epitaph from a recent obituary...

 

"Often wrong, but never in doubt" :lol:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.