Who To Start: Week 8

MJAlltheWay24

I have the same old Watson/Brady dilemma, but I'm trusting Tommy this week.

Something that's been on my mind lately is whether playing Watson decreases the value of Hopkins, even though he is the #1? I guess it's the same for any QB/WR combo, but with a scrambling QB, there are even fewer opportunities for a receiving TD.

Any merit to my thought process?

EDIT: This was not a factor in my decision to start Brady.

I have the same old Watson/Brady dilemma, but I'm trusting Tommy this week.

Something that's been on my mind lately is whether playing Watson decreases the value of Hopkins, even though he is the #1? I guess it's the same for any QB/WR combo, but with a scrambling QB, there are even fewer opportunities for a receiving TD.

Any merit to my thought process?

EDIT: This was not a factor in my decision to start Brady.

Stacking increases your ceiling when playing DFS, and is almost a must in playing GPP's (even though it also increases your risk so it's not a good idea to do this in cash games). In season long, I think it ultimately produces too much volatility. While it can help you score big, it can just as easily lead to low scores if your stack gets shut down. Consistency is the key to winning season long, and diversity is what helps you achieve that. It also can hurt you if one of the pair gets injured or misses time....the value of the one that's not hurt also goes down if the other part of the stack misses time. I'd generally try to avoid drafting pairs (although sometimes the value is too much to refuse). If however those are your two best guys at those positions, then you have to play them. You never, ever, ever, sit one of your studs.

Guess everyone is set this week. My rosters were all dictated by Bye weeks. I have no options to go to any bench in any league. Lineups set themselves this week.

Yeah, I don't really have any questions. I'm stuck starting Dion Lewis, who I randomly grabbed last week. Got Gurley and both Packer RBs on byes this week. The downside of handcuffing.