5A #5 South Oldham at Nelson County

Pete W

Who wins South Oldham or Nelson County  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins South Oldham or Nelson County

• South Oldham
    • Nelson County

South Oldham held off Oldham County for a 16-6 win and another Oldham County Championship (also beat North Oldham). South Oldham is 4-1 winning 4 straight games after losing to CAL.

Nelson County is winless at 0-5, losing to Bullitt East 12-65 last week.

Who wins?

Do they still sell those highly recommended pork chop sandwiches at Nelson County?

Everyone has cycles.... I remember the powerhouse Nelson County team that won state and the awfully good ones that followed for several years, as I recall. Going to Bardstown was a tall order for just about everyone. But the Cardinals are really down right now and trying to rebuild. That takes time. South Oldham 9 years ago was trying to come out from under a similar slump.

Jamie Reed has really turned around South, they appear headed for their 8th consecutive winning season, and are one year removed from a 12-2 (school best) record and an appearance in the Class 5A semi-finals.

In short, two programs at different ends of the spectrum right now. I have every expectation that Nelson County will someday be back among the better teams, but they have a ways to go right now and South is looking pretty good again.

Probably not the week for Nelson to get its first win. South wins this one pretty easily.

CM

They say the sign of a good team is to win when you are not playing your best. That was South Oldham on Friday. The offense just never found a rhythm. The defense, minus one play that gave up a TD, played lights out. South Oldham, to me, has not put together a complete game yet in all aspects -- offense, defense and special teams. I look for the Dragons to get it going this week. South rolls.