Belfry 56 Pikeville 13

ATLCat

Belfry

342 yards

Pikeville

192 yards

Belfry's gaudy Offensive stats take a hit LOL... Between two Defensive TD's, the running clock, and another turnover setting Belfry up on a short field Belfry's Offense didn't have an awful lot of work to do.

Belfry's reserves get a lot of action and Pikeville kept clawing ending the First and Second Half each with a TD.

Good to see Freshman Standout Seth Mounts able to get back on the field after an early season injury.

As for Pikeville:

The Panthers have two... yes count them... two Seniors on this team.

This year is definitely a rebuilding year, but watch out for the Panthers the next two years as other 1A teams will get hit hard by graduation.

Both of the Roberts kids and the WR Hensley are going to be sensational players. Pikeville will be a completely different team next season... just they are soooooo young

Hope you are right Call, but as much as I would love to see it happening they have two tough regular season games and due to that crazy realignment some tough tests in November. Cabell Midland is loaded, they are just as good as Huntington, and Johnson Central last game of regular season. They beat Huntington in a scrimmage 14-7 and are the last Kentucky team to beat Belfry I think back in 2014. If Belfry, Central and Corbin all make it to the quarters Belfry would have to go to Louisville to play Central where they are something like 29-2 at home in the playoffs! IF Belfry survives that one and Corbin wins, (they have pretty much a cakewalk into the semis), I think they travel to CAM where Belfry is something like 30-2 in the playoffs. I think the winner out of those three will be the 3-A Champ although I am keeping a close eye on Boyle County! I hope the Pirates have smooth sailing and can get a thumb ring!