Hopkinsville - Jalen Johnson?

Guest fogdog.com

I don't know much about the details or anything specific to this young players situation, but I do know this.....what the player says is not material. He has very little say in where he goes. As an overseas player who is now essentially adopted by the coach who was fired from this high school you can pretty much conclude that where he goes is being decided by someone other than his real parents over in Africa. The likelihood is that he is being shopped and despite what the young player says, he will end up where his legal guardian determines. It would be unusual for that person to leave him at the school that he was fired from. It is unfortunate, but these kids are pawns played in a game that adults tend to profit from.

I usually just peel away the layers until I see who is pushing things. I know who is pushing things for this kid.

I usually just peel away the layers until I see who is pushing things. I know who is pushing things for this kid.

I agree Wireman, but in this case Bexar County Judge Antonia Arteaga granted Auriantal and his wife, Nathalie Romao, conservatorship of Bassey, essentially giving them parental rights, on March 31. My guess is that as long as that court ruling is in effect then Coach Arteaga is pushing things. Adidas gave Arteaga's foundation Yes II Success a sponsored team to move this young man from NIKE so you can see Arteaga has a major say in what happens with Bassey.

Regardless of sports getting a better education, put kids ahead of the game. Going to an Academy look better on resumes, not to mention the School specializes in high competition basketball with proven coaches and players to compete with everday. They play the best upper class men and the younger ones wait their turn because they know their program is elite, ie. Oak Hill, Findlay Prep.

On twitter today he is reclassing back to 2019 class, told you that is what I had heard

Hopkinsville PG Jalen Johnson was dynamite both days at camp. Coachable,talented guard that is a sleeper prospect. Will reclass to 2019.

This was on the @allaroundgame twitter

He will be leaving for sure and he will do well at Aspire he has a great support group, Hoptown has never had a kid to do 2 to 3 hours worth of football practice and still get in the gym and work by himself for 2 hours almost everyday while maintaining honors grade. He has been hurt for 2 years first summer being healthyand he picked up 3 or 4 offers. Bone bruises usually take you out for the season and he played through all year. His work ethic is tremendous everyone talking about bball and football but he is a great student so he will be fine either way!