Morehead State 2017

Content1

UD beat a "scholly" school, SE Missouri St, a couple weeks ago. And lost by less than a score to Robert Morris and Dusquene. I tell you that to tell you this. EKU plays SE Missouri St this weekend.

* and Austin Peay won another game against an OVC school. :)

And that remains Dayton's only win this season. The Flyers are a complete mystery to me right now.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And that remains Dayton's only win this season. The Flyers are a complete mystery to me right now.

As it is to me after beating your Flyers. Had 6 turnovers against Butler and lost 44-6. On a two game skid and will not get any easier next week on the west coast against San Diego.

The Eagles are 2-4 at the just past midway mark! They've got their work cut out for them towards earning a winning 6-5 season.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the winning season left the building. San Diego dominated the 1st half and by the time the Eagles gained traction in the second half it was too little too late.

Saw some good things in the second half for this team to build upon. They have 2 home and away games remaining. They are a SOLID group of young men. Just haven't figured out the right mix to maximize their success!

The Official Site of Morehead State University Athletics

Homecoming against Stetson hopefully ends the 3 game slide. It's been a Jeckyl and Hyde team to this point.

Go Eagles!

I have only seen scores but they have been terrible this season from the looks of it.

I always enjoy your b&w take with teeth. I would concur at times, however, a mere not very good since the Dayton game would suffice. It's time for the seniors on this team to step up and finish strong and the underclassmen to be more consistent!

I always enjoy your b&w take with teeth. I would concur at times, however, a mere not very good since the Dayton game would suffice. It's time for the seniors on this team to step up and finish strong and the underclassmen to be more consistent!

I mean, no disrespect, but losses to scholarship teams...expected. Getting beat 38-0, 44-6 and 56-27 vs. other conference teams is concerning.

I was thinking expectations were a little higher this season than 2-5 and 1-3 at this point.

I mean, no disrespect, but losses to scholarship teams...expected. Getting beat 38-0, 44-6 and 56-27 vs. other conference teams is concerning.

I was thinking expectations were a little higher this season than 2-5 and 1-3 at this point.

I couldn't agree with you more there...but they're not terrible! This team has under delivered. The last 4 weeks will be telling as to how they want to define their legacy this season!

They ended the slide yesterday. Congrats to the MSU Eagles on the win over Stetson. They literally grabbed victory from the jaws of defeat with :30 seconds remaining in the game.

The Eagles improve to 3-5 and head north to Valpo next week. GO EAGLES!!!

Football edges Stetson 29-26 on four touchdowns from Lawson Page - The Official Site of Morehead State University Athletics

Cold, windy, and not a good football game for the MSU EAGLES. They found a way to turn the ball over 6 times. Hard to win a football game when that happens. Doesn't help either when your defense gives up way too much ground in big chunks at a time.

Congrats to Valpo on the W. Final score was 62-31 and most of the damage was done by halftime. This team is simply not playing very good football right now and is way too inconsistent when they do play well.

They complete the season with an away game at Marist in New York and then a home game against Davidson. It would be great if the 10 seniors, and 3 redshirt juniors on this team can win 2 straight before hanging up their college cleats! :thumb:

Adapt & Overcome Eagles...

• 3 weeks later...

I got to watch a very entertaining football game on line between Marist and MSU. The Eagles showed they can play a SOLID 3 quarters of football.

It fell apart in the 4th qrtr and the Red Foxes were able to snatch victory from defeat 38-31. They scored 14 unanswered in the 4th and took advantage of three Eagle turnovers to preserve the win.

The season wraps up Saturday in Morehead against Davidson for Senior Day. It is my sincere hope Morehead State can put together 4 complete qrtrs of football to end on an up note for the benefit of these seniors and red shirt juniors who will fore go their last year of eligibility to move on in the game of life.

Football Falls 38-31 in Shootout at Marist - The Official Site of Morehead State University Athletics

The Eagles found a way and were able to snatch victory from defeat against Davidson yesterday afternoon at a very windy Jayne Stadium on Senior Day.

MSU improves to 4-7 with the 21-14 victory. They ended the season with 4 wins and one loss at home. They simply didn't travel well and under delivered. It is my sincere hope they have a great off season, land SOLID recruits, and learn to take better care of the football. Numerous turnovers throughout this seasons campaign contributed to the Eagle "lack of success!"

Football honors seniors, ends season with 21-14 win over Davidson - The Official Site of Morehead State University Athletics

They'll graduate 13 seniors from this seasons class. Best wishes to all of them.