July 26, 20179 yr I liked Lackey's comments after the game: "I wasn't trying to hit anybody, but I totally get the other side, too," Lackey said. "Tell Happy, my bad, apologize for that, have to buy him something nice for getting hit. But the game polices itself. Whether I intentionally did it or not, I get it on the other side. You've got to take care of your guys too." ("Happy" is rookie Ian Happ...the Cub who got plunked in retaliation in the bottom of the 5th.) Edited July 26, 20179 yr by broadcaster adding info
July 26, 20179 yr What is funny is the Cubs announcers downplayed the 4 batters Lackey hit with a "he isn't trying to hit them". But when ChiSox pitcher Beck hits Happ he says "Seriously? Just throw him out. He needs to be ejected"
July 27, 20179 yr Listen to some of the announcers on XM radio and you get a good appreciation for the local announcers on the Reds games. Some of them are almost unbearable to listen to.
July 28, 20179 yr The Hawk is a legend. He can say whatever he wants as far as I'm concerned. Scully's a legend, Buck is a legend, Marty is darn near one ( despite his arrogance ). Hawk is not in their class. And yes, when you listen to XM or pick up games while traveling, you realize how good we have it in Cindy when it comes to announcers.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.