Notre Dame vs Purdue

h.s.footballfan

In for a real treat. I've only been once, but loved every second of it. You can feel the history there.

This is where the schedule should become a cakewalk for the Irish, and we shall see.

Purdue is 4-0, but the competition has been a little soft, I'd say. The best team has probably been Minnesota, or Miami, OH. Notre Dame and Iowa back to back... we'll see.

I'll take Notre Dame and Brady Quinn & Co. and say they go on a tear at home to finally get something real going. People say Quinn isn't having a phenominal year, but again (not to beat a dead horse) he has faced pretty solid competition. Stats so far:

Pass attempts:158

Pass completions: 92

Passing %: 58.23%.

Total yards: 1086

Yards per pass: 11.8 -- long of 62

Total touchdowns: 11 -- 10 passing -- 1 rushing

Interceptions: 4 (1 off the helmet of Carlson)

Biggest problem: 10 sacks

I'm not exactly sure if the passer rating is the same as professional, but his average rating (ESPN.com) is 133.87, and his rating against Michigan State was 170.27. But in professional I believe 150 is perfect correct? So it must be different. BTW, Troy Smith's rating is just under 160, and a 211.39 against Northern Illinois.

I'll say Irish rebound big.

Notre Dame - 45

Purdue - 14

I think 158.3 (or something close to that) is the highest rating an NFL QB can have. So, I assume the equation for reaching these numbers are different in college and the pros.

Someone who knows for sure can shed some light on that and correct me if I'm wrong.