Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reggie Bush

Featured Replies

True but he is trying to make a difference at the next level.

 

True, but maybe he has a good agent or publicist that said we can make you look real good if you do........

Case in point. He was an 18/19 year old kid. I know a lot of people that would and some that have done the same, although not to the extent. Also, I did say "...With all the negative we hear someone should point out the positive."

 

A lot of college athletes are 18 or 19 and their families don't have a lot of money. Some take the easy way out, like Bush did, Some follow the rules.

I'm a big Reggie Bush fan, both on & off the field.

 

I hope he has a great NFL career...

 

I want nothing but the best for him. I'm just not yet ready to say he's a great person off the field. He knew what he was doing was wrong and against the rules. He made a choice.

Not saying I believe the circumstances to be what they're trying to say they were, but in that situation, and in that time of his career, not many kids wouldn't.

 

A lot of kids don't.

  • Author
A lot of college athletes are 18 or 19 and their families don't have a lot of money. Some take the easy way out, like Bush did, Some follow the rules.

 

No one is disputing that. I'm just not one to always point out the negative in someone...;)

No one is disputing that. I'm just not one to always point out the negative in someone...;)

 

I think it's great that he's trying to make a difference. I hope he continues to do it his entire career. I'm just saying that there's a chance he was advised...(rightfully so)..that if he reached out publically to the people of New Orleans it would look real good. It's been known for a long time by a lot of people that he violated NCAA rules. It became very pubic knowledge after he did all of his good.

A lot of college athletes are 18 or 19 and their families don't have a lot of money. Some take the easy way out, like Bush did, Some follow the rules.

 

Until you have been in that position, you don't know. You don't know exactly what was offered. Now, did his family need a $400,000+ house to "survive" or get by? No. Would I have taken that offer if I was in his position and there was a very good chance nobody would find out???? MMMM...honestly, I'd like to say no, but I don't know. Truth be told, not one of us on here has walked into a sporting goods store to see OUR jersey going for $75-$150 a piece and not seeing one dime. If a computer geek was on academic scholarship and worked part time designing web pages at $100 an hour for a company that networked through the school, would USC be put on probation??? I know what the rules are, I just feel that there is a double standard placed on athletes. We as fans will never understand the temptations.

Until you have been in that position, you don't know. You don't know exactly what was offered. Now, did his family need a $400,000+ house to "survive" or get by? No. Would I have taken that offer if I was in his position and there was a very good chance nobody would find out???? MMMM...honestly, I'd like to say no, but I don't know. Truth be told, not one of us on here has walked into a sporting goods store to see OUR jersey going for $75-$150 a piece and not seeing one dime. If a computer geek was on academic scholarship and worked part time designing web pages at $100 an hour for a company that networked through the school, would USC be put on probation??? I know what the rules are, I just feel that there is a double standard placed on athletes. We as fans will never understand the temptations.

 

You may feel very strongly that there is a double standard. I do too. He knew the rules and he chose to violate them. There is no getting around that. I 100% agree that I don't know what I would do if I were in the same situation. I 100% know that I would know if what I chose to do was a rules violation. He chose to break the rules and gets to use the cop out of my family is poor. I'm just not ready to call him a saint off the field.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.