2019 Foward Michael Moreno (Scott County)

I look for both UK and UofL to both make a late offer of some type but nothing substantial, to keep in the good graces of the Commonwealth, but in essence its just to save face.

Same rerun on a different channel.

A late offer of some type? Nothing substantial? Maybe a preferred walk on is what you are thinking?

He either gets a scholarship offer or doesn’t.

@TAC, you sound frustrated from my comment, so I will clarify.

I say he gets nothing from UK in the form of a scholarship, but they will attempt to save face @ the end & offer him something as you said a preferred walkon. They have skipped enough local talent under Coach Cal to convince me they will do the same to Moreno & that is take away nothing from his talent, he is exceptional. They have passed on Taveion Hollingsworth & Shelvin Mack almost completely during the entire process only to offer something @ the very end that isn't up to par IMO.

A late offer of some type? Nothing substantial? Maybe a preferred walk on is what you are thinking?

He either gets a scholarship offer or doesn’t.

@TAC, you sound frustrated from my comment, so I will clarify.

I say he gets nothing from UK in the form of a scholarship, but they will attempt to save face @ the end & offer him something as you said a preferred walkon. They have skipped enough local talent under Coach Cal to convince me they will do the same to Moreno & that is take away nothing from his talent, he is exceptional. They have passed on Taveion Hollingsworth & Shelvin Mack almost completely during the entire process only to offer something @ the very end that isn't up to par IMO.

I've never seen him play. He currently has 7 offers. Biggest being Iowa. Others include EKU, Evansville, Toledo, Canisius, Bradley and West Point. I see he is listed as a 4 star, but I'm not seeing the power programs going after him at this point. Cal must be seeing the same thing the other coaches are seeing? Maybe not worth a scholarship offer.

Love to see KY. kids do well and hope he goes big time. Tired of people thinking he should be offered by a powerhouse when he may not be worthy. At this time shouldn't the heat be applied to WKY or NKU coaches? Seems more his level of offers currently?

I really like the player and the game but he is a mid-level D1 player. (and there is nothing wrong with that) I don't see either UK or UL even offering a preferred walk on unless that is what he wants to do.