Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cooper 20 Highlands 9

Featured Replies

Allie Skaggs, SS/CF Ballard comes to mind immediately. Madison McCoy, 2nd base/CF Male, Maggie Metzger/CF/SS Assumption, Allie Puckett SS Sacred Heart, Teddy Nunn SS Eastern and I know I am probably overlooking someone from Butler, Holy Cross, Bullitt East, or Mercy, all of which are ranked in the top 20.

 

Again, I want to see the kid play before I lay down the title of "best young SS/player in the state". If that is a crime, then sue me!

 

I didn't see where anyone labeled her the best young shortstop in the state. I have said she is as good as anyone I have seen...regardless of class. You commented on a post where someone was raving about her. And instead of just reading it, you seemed skeptical and noted there is a lot of other talent in Jefferson Co. No one was saying there wasn't talent elsewhere or that this girl was as good, better or worse than anyone. They were just commenting on her outstanding play and you brought on the comparisons, as if you were upset someone else was getting some press. I would ask...why? Why did you go right to comparisons as soon as someone says something good about a kid you haven't seen play? That's insulting to the kid and the person that was giving the thoughts. As if "she can't be as good as the kids down here and those NKY folks ain't ever seen real talent!"

I didn't see where anyone labeled her the best young shortstop in the state. I have said she is as good as anyone I have seen...regardless of class. You commented on a post where someone was raving about her. And instead of just reading it, you seemed skeptical and noted there is a lot of other talent in Jefferson Co. No one was saying there wasn't talent elsewhere or that this girl was as good, better or worse than anyone. They were just commenting on her outstanding play and you brought on the comparisons, as if you were upset someone else was getting some press. I would ask...why? Why did you go right to comparisons as soon as someone says something good about a kid you haven't seen play? That's insulting to the kid and the person that was giving the thoughts. As if "she can't be as good as the kids down here and those NKY folks ain't ever seen real talent!"

 

No, you are making that inference and seem to have a chip on your shoulder about softball in Northern Kentucky. I in no way implied that to be the case about this kid. I want to see her play, and if that is a problem, I am not sure why.

 

I love press about softball ALL OVER THE STATE as I want the sport to be as great as possible. If you took offense to me wanting to see the kid play then I apologize as none was meant.

Folks it looks like.......South of Albuquerque, here we come.

Folks it looks like.......South of Albuquerque, here we come.

 

Nope. I'm done. She doesn't even play for me. I just know she is very good and compares to just about anyone I have seen. And I've seen a lot!!

 

And you started it anyway!!

Nope. I'm done. She doesn't even play for me. I just know she is very good and compares to just about anyone I have seen. And I've seen a lot!!

 

And you started it anyway!!

 

Have you seen the players I listed? If you don't want to say, that is fine and I only said I wanted to see the kid play. I am not sure why that is bad.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.