Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Anderson County/Spencer County 2/22/17 (30th District) Predictions

Who wins? 11 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Anderson County
      63%
    • Spencer County
      36%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

What does everyone think on this one should be one of the better games in the 8th region. Spencer probably should be favored based on their head to head meeting last month. Anderson however has been playing better offense looked good Friday night.

Penney and crew are tournament tested after last years run to the regional finals. If it is close going into 4th quarter that experience and the youth of Spencer may give the edge to Anderson. Very tough first round game with a good team going home early.

Burns will have his team well prepared. Excellent at putting together a game plan. Showed that last year when they almost upset Anderson when it shouldn't have been a game. Should be a good one.

Burns will have his team well prepared. Excellent at putting together a game plan. Showed that last year when they almost upset Anderson when it shouldn't have been a game. Should be a good one.

This game will come down to the refs either calling the charge or the flop.

AC must stay out of foul trouble.

Tuff one to pick but I think AC isn't getting it done.

I will pick Spencer by 7.

This game will come down to the refs either calling the charge or the flop.

AC must stay out of foul trouble.

Tuff one to pick but I think AC isn't getting it done.

I will pick Spencer by 7.

 

Totally agree with you on this. Will the refs let Penny barrel over people like he did in the first match up or call the charge. In the first game Penny had at least 4 charges that were not called. Blatantly obvious. The Anderson County fans sitting around me just laughed and shook their heads. Spencer County still won. That will be the key to the game. If Penny gets in foul trouble it will be a blowout.

My understanding that Spencer really tried too hard to draw some charges and lots of flopping going on. Again, which way will the game be called.

Burns will have his team well prepared. Excellent at putting together a game plan. Showed that last year when they almost upset Anderson when it shouldn't have been a game. Should be a good one.

 

Obviously we saw the same game last year in two completely different ways...but I digress.

 

It's hard for me to predict this game simply because I have not seen Spencer Co play this year, so I will go with the info relayed to me by my comrades who were at the first game and have seen SC play. It really depends on what AC team shows up...it's almost like last year, it's a very "bi-polar" team and they are really up and down. If the good AC team shows up, and that includes not getting in foul trouble, Spencer will be going home. If the bad AC team shows up, well I'd rather not think about that. It's hard for me to envision them losing to SC twice in the same year, so I'm not going to. AC by 6, something along the lines of 61-55.

 

Unfortunately with church on Wednesday night I won't be there for the tip...I MIGHT get there at half time to see the game. Maybe it will get started late, I hope so anyway.

Obviously we saw the same game last year in two completely different ways...but I digress.

 

It's hard for me to predict this game simply because I have not seen Spencer Co play this year, so I will go with the info relayed to me by my comrades who were at the first game and have seen SC play. It really depends on what AC team shows up...it's almost like last year, it's a very "bi-polar" team and they are really up and down. If the good AC team shows up, and that includes not getting in foul trouble, Spencer will be going home. If the bad AC team shows up, well I'd rather not think about that. It's hard for me to envision them losing to SC twice in the same year, so I'm not going to. AC by 6, something along the lines of 61-55.

 

Unfortunately with church on Wednesday night I won't be there for the tip...I MIGHT get there at half time to see the game. Maybe it will get started late, I hope so anyway.

 

If the good Spencer County team shows up then Anderson will be going home. If Penny is allowed to run over people (like what happened at Anderson this year) then it will be close and could go either way. Spencer County still won at Anderson with the refs allowing Penny to do that. Spencer's depth really hurt Anderson last game. Penny was sucking wind pretty early in that game. In today's game anything can happen, but I've seen both teams play and the better TEAM is Spencer County.

If the good Spencer County team shows up then Anderson will be going home. If Penny is allowed to run over people (like what happened at Anderson this year) then it will be close and could go either way. Spencer County still won at Anderson with the refs allowing Penny to do that. Spencer's depth really hurt Anderson last game. Penny was sucking wind pretty early in that game. In today's game anything can happen, but I've seen both teams play and the better TEAM is Spencer County.

 

If he appeared winded Kobe could have been sick/not feeling well that night and that could have gotten to him, I can't speak to that. Like a lot of other teams they have had several bugs going around the past few weeks, lots of kids sick and closed the school I think it was Friday before last because of sickness. However, if you are alluding that he's out of shape or SC runs some sort of pace that he can't keep up with, then you are definitely mistaken. As a matter of fact I would say the faster the game the better Kobe likes it.

 

I really wish I had seen the first game so I could make a more informed opinion. However I feel pretty comfortable with the info I have on SC and of course I know AC pretty darn well. On each teams best night when AC can get the best out of their top 5 players, I believe AC would be the better team. However, AC doesn't have a lot of room for error, and I'm not saying anything anyone doesn't know. If the game gets to a point where each team is relying on their bench then that is going to go in SC's favor. Hopefully, as an AC guy that won't happen. Problem with that though is that it COULD happen. But that's why they play the game, to see what WILL happen. One thing I will say with almost certainty...this game should be an all out scratch and claw fans screaming and shouting nail biter. I'd be very surprised if it was something other.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.