Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Same Ol' Zags ??

Featured Replies

They're overrated as expected. How far they will go in the tourney will all depend on their draw though. Given how weak their conference generally is, I have never understood why they don't try and schedule some solid OOC teams on a regular basis to help them get ready for the post season.

 

I can't knock Gonzaga here. They generally play a few big boys.

No way they make it out of the Sweet 16.

I can't knock Gonzaga here. They generally play a few big boys.

 

It seems some years they do and some they don't. Scheduling is a tough gig especially if your looking for a home and home these days. But if I were Mark Few I would be trying to schedule anyone and everyone that is a perennial top team, at different parts of the season. A mid conference game against a team like UCLA, Zona, or Kansas would be great for them IMO. Like you mentioned though it's hard to knock them too much on that though because in the past they have played some tough teams early, it seems to always be sporadic though. They know their conference is generally going to be weak, so I would go out of my way to play anyone and everyone that is better than the teams on the conference schedule. I know, easier said than done, but I really think it would help them turn the corner and not be a team that everyone is consistently doubting come March.

It seems some years they do and some they don't. Scheduling is a tough gig especially if your looking for a home and home these days. But if I were Mark Few I would be trying to schedule anyone and everyone that is a perennial top team, at different parts of the season. A mid conference game against a team like UCLA, Zona, or Kansas would be great for them IMO. Like you mentioned though it's hard to knock them too much on that though because in the past they have played some tough teams early, it seems to always be sporadic though. They know their conference is generally going to be weak, so I would go out of my way to play anyone and everyone that is better than the teams on the conference schedule. I know, easier said than done, but I really think it would help them turn the corner and not be a team that everyone is consistently doubting come March.

They use to have the mid-season tilt with Memphis but that has gone away for some reason.

  • Author
Let's say Arizona drops another couple of games. If I'm Sean Miller, I'm giddy about the idea of ending up the two seed in Gonzaga's West rather than a one seed anywhere else.

Depending on their Region placed in / bracket, etc. I will more than likely be putting Arizona in my F4.

  • Author

While I agree with some that have commented on the Zags schedule and the ooc teams played .... I will say that some of that probably has more to do with teams not wanting to schedule Gonzaga, especially on a true home / home basis. I will also say that if I am Few that I am playing any top rated team in my ooc that I can schedule regardless of where I play them. Winning the WCC is a good bet regardless so you're going to be in the tourney and probably a high seed.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.