Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

San Francisco 49'ers

Featured Replies

The 49'ers went 2-14 this year. Then fired their coach and the general manager. And now they have given Colin what's-his-name an award for "courage."

 

Is it just me, or is there something wrong with this picture?

The 49'ers went 2-14 this year. Then fired their coach and the general manager. And now they have given Colin what's-his-name an award for "courage."

 

Is it just me, or is there something wrong with this picture?

 

I think it's just you. Not sure what is wrong with it.

The 49'ers went 2-14 this year. Then fired their coach and the general manager. And now they have given Colin what's-his-name an award for "courage."

 

Is it just me, or is there something wrong with this picture?

 

It must be you cause I'm not sure what's wrong with the picture? Should they have kept the coach and GM? Or the players shouldn't have voted to give CK an award?

That organization is a mess, and I don't see it improving quickly.

That organization is a mess, and I don't see it improving quickly.

 

And the people out their built them a new stadium, lol.

  • Author

Barack Obama has been my President. I didn't vote for him nor did I agree with many of his decisions and comments. But he was my President. That's how we do things in America...this Democratic Republic.

 

I thank God for the United States. I love this country, its founders, its history, its heritage, our freedoms, and our incredible standard of living compared to the rest of the world. We are not perfect, but we have been so blessed.

 

As a veteran, I proudly served.

 

I understand how ugly prejudice is. I also know that it isn't a one-way street. And I found, while serving overseas, that its not just an American problem. I remember Vietnamese hooch maids literally spitting while talking about one of their co-workers...who, I found out later, was of Chinese descent.

 

Forget for a moment how disruptive it has to be to a football team for its field general (quarterback) to take such an action that was sure to alienate teammates, coaches, front office personnel, grounds keepers, parking attendants, and football fans in general. For someone to disrespect our flag, our country, our veterans...in front of thousands of people...I find incredibly insulting. For a coach or general manager or owner...or even the National Football League...to permit it to happen is unbelievable.

 

I can think of many words to describe the man's actions. "Courageous" is most definitely not one of them.

Barack Obama has been my President. I didn't vote for him nor did I agree with many of his decisions and comments. But he was my President. That's how we do things in America...this Democratic Republic.

 

I thank God for the United States. I love this country, its founders, its history, its heritage, our freedoms, and our incredible standard of living compared to the rest of the world. We are not perfect, but we have been so blessed.

 

As a veteran, I proudly served.

 

I understand how ugly prejudice is. I also know that it isn't a one-way street. And I found, while serving overseas, that its not just an American problem. I remember Vietnamese hooch maids literally spitting while talking about one of their co-workers...who, I found out later, was of Chinese descent.

 

Forget for a moment how disruptive it has to be to a football team for its field general (quarterback) to take such an action that was sure to alienate teammates, coaches, front office personnel, grounds keepers, parking attendants, and football fans in general. For someone to disrespect our flag, our country, our veterans...in front of thousands of people...I find incredibly insulting. For a coach or general manager or owner...or even the National Football League...to permit it to happen is unbelievable.

 

I can think of many words to describe the man's actions. "Courageous" is most definitely not one of them.

Your point about alienating his teammates, etc. is well taken. His actions may have diminished their earning power, as the team became worse. As such, many may consider his acts to be selfish rather than courageous. In fairness to his teammates, perhaps the better course would've been for him to resign his position with the 49ers and then do the protests. (I realize that his acts would not then have had the same impact since he would not have had the NFL platform.)

Barack Obama has been my President. I didn't vote for him nor did I agree with many of his decisions and comments. But he was my President. That's how we do things in America...this Democratic Republic.

 

I thank God for the United States. I love this country, its founders, its history, its heritage, our freedoms, and our incredible standard of living compared to the rest of the world. We are not perfect, but we have been so blessed.

 

As a veteran, I proudly served.

 

I understand how ugly prejudice is. I also know that it isn't a one-way street. And I found, while serving overseas, that its not just an American problem. I remember Vietnamese hooch maids literally spitting while talking about one of their co-workers...who, I found out later, was of Chinese descent.

 

Forget for a moment how disruptive it has to be to a football team for its field general (quarterback) to take such an action that was sure to alienate teammates, coaches, front office personnel, grounds keepers, parking attendants, and football fans in general. For someone to disrespect our flag, our country, our veterans...in front of thousands of people...I find incredibly insulting. For a coach or general manager or owner...or even the National Football League...to permit it to happen is unbelievable.

 

I can think of many words to describe the man's actions. "Courageous" is most definitely not one of them.

 

Your point about alienating his teammates, etc. is well taken. His actions may have diminished their earning power, as the team became worse. As such, many may consider his acts to be selfish rather than courageous. In fairness to his teammates, perhaps the better course would've been for him to resign his position with the 49ers and then do the protests. (I realize that his acts would not then have had the same impact since he would not have had the NFL platform.)

 

I completely agree that I wish he could have found a way to get his message heard without having to kneel or anything like that during our national anthem. With all that said many people protest things every day, however very few are ever heard when they protest. Which usually makes the protest pointless if the message of the protest is never truly heard.

 

So on one hand I definitely agree that I hated seeing it, and wish he could have found a different way to protest to get his message out. At the same time his protest and message probably never even gets heard or talked about much in any other way if he doesn't do that.

 

So while I disagree personally with it, because it is disresepeful to the military and veterans, etc. It is still better than protest that have turned violent. And at the same time his protest was successful because the message definitely at least got out there to the whole nation. Which I believe was the point, for the message to at least be heard. I'm interested in seeing if he still does it next year, or if he stands now that his message did get out there. I hope he does stand starting next year.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.