Bardstown 35 Moore 28

No sugarcoating it, we played bad. Fall Break, Homecoming, coming off big win at Waggener, awaiting big game vs. Central, it was a letdown. Play like that next week and we get run out of the building.

Anyway, heck with it, on to next week.

BGP needs to be on the lookout for Moore freshman QB Rae'von Vaden. Kid can spin the rock, threw one TD pass 65 yards on the fly, several other long balls. With any sort of polish and coaching he's gonna be a goodun.

No sugarcoating it, we played bad. Fall Break, Homecoming, coming off big win at Waggener, awaiting big game vs. Central, it was a letdown. Play like that next week and we get run out of the building.

Anyway, heck with it, on to next week.

BGP needs to be on the lookout for Moore freshman QB Rae'von Vaden. Kid can spin the rock, threw one TD pass 65 yards on the fly, several other long balls. With any sort of polish and coaching he's gonna be a goodun.

You think he stays at Moore or gets "plucked"?

Tigers committed three turnovers (although there was some controversy about the backward lateral that Moore scooped and scored on in the second quarter) to Moore's 2. Bardstown was flagged 11 times for 103 yards, and Moore had 8 penalties for 49 yards.

(All of these numbers are my own and should be considered unofficial)

I had Bardstown's Tariq Armour down for 21 rushes for 100 yards and 2TDs, and he caught 4 passes for 40 yards and another score. Jeshurun Obeng was 10-54 on the ground.

In the passing game, the Tigers' Santrel Farmer was 15-21 for 216 and 3TDs with one INT. Favorite target was De'Ondre Boggs, who caught 8 balls for 114 yards and 2TDs, but he was mostly quiet in the second half, with only one catch.

I don't have complete numbers on Moore, but Bommarrito had two big TD catches of 35 and 80 yards that helped the Mustangs erase a 35-16 deficit and had the Bardstown home crowd sweating out the final quarter.

Tigers sealed the win when Montrez Railley picked off Rae Von Vaden with 2 minutes left and the Mustangs driving for a potential tying or go-ahead score (they didn't kick an XP all night, so I have to presume they would've gone for the win had they scored late). Bardstown picked up two first downs rushing in the final two minutes to finish it off.