FedEx does it again!

plantmanky

Delivered a package to a house in Erlanger. I dont live in Erlanger. How hard is it to read an address and deliver it. Best part is FedEx says its not their problem being that its already been delivered. :idunno:

Was this FedEx Express or Ground?......huge difference

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Delivered a package to a house in Erlanger. I dont live in Erlanger. How hard is it to read an address and deliver it. Best part is FedEx says its not their problem being that its already been delivered. :idunno:

I've emailed all FedEx hubs your defamatory post about us, and this is what you get. :banana:

Ground, its always Ground.

That explains alot......cheapskate. :lol2:

FedEx Ground are sub-contractors and are the cheap alternative to FedEx Express (whom I drive for), FedEx Ground is the old RPS, but renamed after FedEx bought them out about 15 years ago. While FedEx Ground makes the company a ton of money, they are the bulk of the complaints for problems such as yours.

Tell the shipper to pony up a few more bucks to make sure the true "professionals" deliver your packages. ;)

FedEx Ground is a shipping company that is a subsidiary of the FedEx Corporation. It is headquartered in Moon Township, Pennsylvania, a suburb of Pittsburgh. Originally conceived as a lower cost competitor to UPS, Roadway Package System (RPS) was created to take advantage of new barcode, material handling and computer technologies.

After beginning service on March 11, 1985, the company grew, expanding service from its initial coverage of the Mid-Atlantic states, so much so that it eventually became the largest subsidiary of its parent company, Akron-based Roadway Services. By 1996, RPS had achieved 100% coverage of the United States and Canada. In addition, Roadway Services had been reformed as a new holding company called Caliber System, Inc.

FedEx Ground history.....

In 1997, Fred Smith, founder of FedEx, contacted Dan Sullivan, co-founder of RPS and now president of Caliber Systems, Inc., about merging the two companies. In 2000, FedEx merged the Caliber System, Inc. operating companies into the FedEx organization with Robert's Express becoming FedEx Custom Critical and RPS becoming FedEx Ground. Viking Freight, which initially operated under its original name, was re-branded FedEx Freight in 2001.

FedEx Ground now provides 1-5 day delivery of small packages to all 50 states, plus Canada. Ground also delivered to Puerto Rico, but this service was discontinued in 2009. The subsidiary also offers a specialty service known as FedEx Home Delivery which, coupled with Ground, serves all home addresses in the United States.

That explains alot......cheapskate. :lol2:

FedEx Ground are sub-contractors and are the cheap alternative to FedEx Express (whom I drive for), FedEx Ground is the old RPS, but renamed after FedEx bought them out about 15 years ago. While FedEx Ground makes the company a ton of money, they are the bulk of the complaints for problems such as yours.

Tell the shipper to pony up a few more bucks to make sure the true "professionals" deliver your packages. ;)

Good to know. :thumb:

Update.

I have received 4 boxes of jerseys, box of socks, something I ordered for my truck, a Christmas gift for Mrs. Plantmanky....but no tickets. The vendor says FedEx says they picked them up from the wrong address and delivered them to the correct one in Walton. To bad I dont live in Walton.

:ohbrother:

Fedex Ground is terrible. We had a shipment to the Lime plant in Butler, KY. They didn't deliver because they said they couldn't find the location. REALLY in BUTLER, KY? What else is there? Winds up they had it on the wrong truck and sent it to somewhere in OHIO. They lied. And the bad part was...I tried for 2 days to locate the package and couldn't get the darn phone number for the delivery terminal to talk to the terminal manager. I had to talk to some guy name "AL" who was obviously not "AL" and was actually probably "PUNJAI". Couldn't give me any more info than I could get on line. Finally after 2 days they found the package and made the delivery. USE UPS.

Fedex Ground is terrible. We had a shipment to the Lime plant in Butler, KY. They didn't deliver because they said they couldn't find the location. REALLY in BUTLER, KY? What else is there? Winds up they had it on the wrong truck and sent it to somewhere in OHIO. They lied. And the bad part was...I tried for 2 days to locate the package and couldn't get the darn phone number for the delivery terminal to talk to the terminal manager. I had to talk to some guy name "AL" who was obviously not "AL" and was actually probably "PUNJAI". Couldn't give me any more info than I could get on line. Finally after 2 days they found the package and made the delivery. USE UPS.

See post #21.

If anyone ever has a problem let me know ASAP, I will do what I can to help you............unless you like to wear bear suits. :lol2: