Owensboro 36 Daviess County 6

swamprat

I caught some of the game in the Time Warner TV8 replay and I gotta say this: KUDDOS to the OHS coaching staff for making an adjustment to the offense that resulted in OHS being able to utilize the legs of QB Zach Gross. OHS jumped all over Daviess County as the running clock went into effect in the 2nd quarter. The Devils were without some starters on defense but Zeke Brown moved to linebacker and Freshman Monte Owsley filled in nicely at safety. Owsley and sophomore Aerion Phillips came up with interceptions. Gross looked so much more comfortable running the new offensive tweak as OHS' offense took off. It was only DC, but it was a good sign for OHS moving forward.

After a bye week, OHS will travel to Christian County for a massive district showdown. It'll be interesting to see the trajectory of OHS moving forward. The young Devils defense is growing up and the offense may be coming around. DC on the other hand looked a bit overwhelmed and it's not going to get easier as the Panther host McCracken County this Friday. OHS took their feet off the gas when the clock started running. McCracken County probably won't.

I caught some of the game in the Time Warner TV8 replay and I gotta say this: KUDDOS to the OHS coaching staff for making an adjustment to the offense that resulted in OHS being able to utilize the legs of QB Zach Gross. OHS jumped all over Daviess County as the running clock went into effect in the 2nd quarter. The Devils were without some starters on defense but Zeke Brown moved to linebacker and Freshman Monte Owsley filled in nicely at safety. Owsley and sophomore Aerion Phillips came up with interceptions. Gross looked so much more comfortable running the new offensive tweak as OHS' offense took off. It was only DC, but it was a good sign for OHS moving forward.

After a bye week, OHS will travel to Christian County for a massive district showdown. It'll be interesting to see the trajectory of OHS moving forward. The young Devils defense is growing up and the offense may be coming around. DC on the other hand looked a bit overwhelmed and it's not going to get easier as the Panther host McCracken County this Friday. OHS took their feet off the gas when the clock started running. McCracken County probably won't.

Thanks for this! I didn't know anything about the game really (except for what Daviess County put on the Riherd's page). Sounds like O rebounded well. Owsley really is going to be special!

How do you see the Christian County game playing out?

I honestly don't know about the Christian County game. I hope OHS can take care of business in district so that the Devils will have a chance to play BG again in the regional title game.

If OHS can slow Christian Countys offense down I think OHS can win on the road. Christian has some terrific athletes so it'll be a tough task

I honestly don't know about the Christian County game. I hope OHS can take care of business in district so that the Devils will have a chance to play BG again in the regional title game.

If OHS can slow Christian Countys offense down I think OHS can win on the road. Christian has some terrific athletes so it'll be a tough task

Agree, I would watch the Hopkinsville film and do what they did!

Owensboro probably should have won the last time at El Donaldson, so it's always fun when O and BG play! Good luck!