49 Coaching Changes - Guess The Year

Watusi

We had 43 coaching changes in 2015/2016, and 54 in 2014/2015. That seemed like a lot, and it is. It isn't unprecedented though, and some of us think back and remember the good old days as being more stable. Wasn't always so...

Look at this list of coaching changes and see if you can guess the year. Some of the names will be dead giveaways. This was an interesting year for the coaching carousel in KY.

Coaching Changes.JPG

97 it is. Lots of interesting movement.

I thought Derossett hired on at Prestonsburg the same year he left BL, but it could have been the next year.

I also thought Bill Letton left Prestonsburg in 95 and went directly to Montgomery Co, but he actually went to Paris first.

Our own Mike Jackson replaced McKee at Oldham Co

I wish I had a dollar for every coaching change by Paul Rains

And I didn't realize McKee replaced good friend and Belfry boy, Chris Hatfield at Scott Co. I knew Chris remained on that staff for years and I think he still is. Was it an interim position where somebody left the year before? Anyone know?

A lot of those were due, though, to the "Domino Effect". I think what's stood out over the last several years is that the majority of these jobs are opening due to coaches getting out of it altogether (or so it seems).

Just in that list a lone, there are about 17-18 names (old & new list) that went onto coach as an assistant and/or become a head coach again up until they could retire (or on past)...many of which just retiring in the last few years. Some as we know on that list are still active as an assistant or head today.