Bath County @ Bracken County Predictions (Week 5)

Woodstock

Who wins?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Bath County
    • Bracken County

FWIW, Cantrall has Bath as 10 point favorite. Litkenhaus has Bracken Co. as a 4 point favorite. Looks like this game could be very competitive. This could be a season shaping game for the Polar Bears.

Max Preps has Bath Co ranked at #141 and Bracken at #166 in KY. USA Today score predictor has correctly predicted the outcome of Bath County's 1st 3 games and the scores were actually really close. The same correctly had Bracken over Switzerland Co and Gallatin over Bracken but missed the last game. It had Bracken with a close loss to Harlan by 1. According the the article, Harlan seemed to struggle getting off the bus and had a disasterous start (Bracken TD on opening kickoff and TD on next series going down 14-0 in the 1st 6 minutes).

The game predictor has Bath County winning 40-20. They are all just numbers and analysis but I like the last one.

Looking at Bracken County's schedule and knowing what they had coming back, had them having trouble with Ludlow and Nicholas County. The loss to Gallatin was a surprise, but think they can run the table until their last 2 games which suprisingly are with Nicholas and Ludlow(makeup). Coach Sizemore has done a great job there, as has the volunteers in the feeder system over the years. Hope they can get their first playoff win this year.

Looking at Bracken County's schedule and knowing what they had coming back, had them having trouble with Ludlow and Nicholas County. The loss to Gallatin was a surprise, but think they can run the table until their last 2 games which suprisingly are with Nicholas and Ludlow(makeup). Coach Sizemore has done a great job there, as has the volunteers in the feeder system over the years. Hope they can get their first playoff win this year.

I think they can run the table except probably Bath and Nicholas. Bath is a better team than Ludlow right now.

As far as Bracken's playoff possibilities that's a big question. They could possibly win the district but Nicholas is the favorite at this time. The winner of this district is in a really good spot to pick up a playoff win. Past that things are shaky. They could be runner up with a home game but district road games at Brossart and Paris are going to be toss ups, especially Brossart. The issue is all 3 teams in the other district are good. 2 are REALLY good. Road trips in the playoffs to either Raceland or Paintsville are the end of the line for everyone in Region 3, Nicholas included, and a healthy Fairview is a pretty good team as well.

I think Nicholas is the obvious favorite, and the separation among the next three could have them finish in any order from what I am seeing. Brossart, Paris, or even Bracken could be the runner up, and in any situation, I am not sure any are getting a playoff win other than the winner of the district.

I think Nicholas is the obvious favorite, and the separation among the next three could have them finish in any order from what I am seeing. Brossart, Paris, or even Bracken could be the runner up, and in any situation, I am not sure any are getting a playoff win other than the winner of the district.

Everyone can agree Nicholas is first. There's not much space in between Bracken, Brossart and Paris. And I would rank the district in that order. Nicholas and Brossart play next week.

As far as Bracken's playoff possibilities that's a big question. They could possibly win the district but Nicholas is the favorite at this time. The winner of this district is in a really good spot to pick up a playoff win. Past that things are shaky. They could be runner up with a home game but district road games at Brossart and Paris are going to be toss ups, especially Brossart. The issue is all 3 teams in the other district are good. 2 are REALLY good. Road trips in the playoffs to either Raceland or Paintsville are the end of the line for everyone in Region 3, Nicholas included, and a healthy Fairview is a pretty good team as well.

Agree with all this, it's imperative to win district to stand a chance at winning a playoff game, but even a home playoff game would do wonders years down the road for Bracken County football. Hoping the Nicholas County game next to last game of the year is for district. Got to take one game at a time though,long season