Ballard 42 Western 6

bugatti

As a guy who watched Ballard handle my Colts fairly easily, I am curious to see how they do the rest of the season. I believe they were only trailing Male 17-13 in the 4th quarter a couple of weeks ago before surrendering two late TDs. That result now looks even more impressive. I believe they have Manual next week. They are a MUCH different team than last year.

As a guy who watched Ballard handle my Colts fairly easily, I am curious to see how they do the rest of the season. I believe they were only trailing Male 17-13 in the 4th quarter a couple of weeks ago before surrendering two late TDs. That result now looks even more impressive. I believe they have Manual next week. They are a MUCH different team than last year.

35 Seniors -- many of those kids played last year for their first year of varsity experience and they are no longer making those 'first-timer mistakes.' Add to it they've worked EXTREMELY hard this off-season.

I love how they are taking to Coach Copley/Coach Morton's defensive scheme and when the QB (Terrance May -- strongest arm of any kid I've ever coached) gets more game experience they'll be even better.

Only question will be the youth/inexperience of the OL/DL when they play teams with stout lines like Manual, Trinity, etc. Coach Engstrand's offense is such that he can scheme away from a weakness though and he's managed to do that very well since the 2nd quarter of the Male game.

But, as I tried to tell people in the preseason, never underestimate a team with 30+ seniors who are ATHLETIC and got good first varsity experience as Juniors. I'm not saying they'll whip Trinity, but I see a 8-2 regular season at worst.

35 Seniors -- many of those kids played last year for their first year of varsity experience and they are no longer making those 'first-timer mistakes.' Add to it they've worked EXTREMELY hard this off-season.

I love how they are taking to Coach Copley/Coach Morton's defensive scheme and when the QB (Terrance May -- strongest arm of any kid I've ever coached) gets more game experience they'll be even better.

Only question will be the youth/inexperience of the OL/DL when they play teams with stout lines like Manual, Trinity, etc. Coach Engstrand's offense is such that he can scheme away from a weakness though and he's managed to do that very well since the 2nd quarter of the Male game.

But, as I tried to tell people in the preseason, never underestimate a team with 30+ seniors who are ATHLETIC and got good first varsity experience as Juniors. I'm not saying they'll whip Trinity, but I see a 8-2 regular season at worst.

With all due respect - I am sure all of that is true.

And - there is no question the team and program have made huge advancements - but against Western (and to take nothing from them) - but still 6A vs. 4A ?

Wish them all the best - but let's see a bit more compatible competition.

With all due respect - I am sure all of that is true.

And - there is no question the team and program have made huge advancements - but against Western (and to take nothing from them) - but still 6A vs. 4A ?

Wish them all the best - but let's see a bit more compatible competition.

Good points. I think original poster was basing things more on how they did against Male than the result against Western.

But you're right; the tussle against Manual will be the true test. We lost to them on literally the last play of the game 4 of the last 5 times we played them. If this group really improved (and I think this group of seniors has made the true difference) you'll see a different outcome vs. Manual.