Rick Pitino Reunites With BBN

16thBBall Fan

Here is an interesting story I had come up on my facebook page. I never really thought about this, and that UK never recognized the team. While I think some things Pitino has done I don't agree with at all I was never one of the Kentucky fans that just all of a sudden turned on him because he went back to the pros, or that he even went to Louisville. I for one will always be thankful to CM Newton and Coach Pitino and also the players who stayed for making Kentucky basketball relevant again. Just my two cents worth. Below is the link to the article:

Pitino reunites with BBN

I think they were recognized a couple of years back when UK finally got that team Championship rings. Seems as if when they were in school everyone except the players got championship rings, the coaches, athletic staff even some boosters...but UK did not get them rings until just a year or two ago.

True will be interesting however if they have a ceremony for the 1998 team next season. I personally don't think if would have been a bad thing to have recognized the team when Louisville played at Rupp this past season. If Pitino did not want to be a part of it would have just looked bad on him. I know a lot on here would not have liked that, but I think it would have been a nice gesture and a good thing. Thinks about it now I don't know who would have had a bigger issue with having a ceremony Pitino or Calipari. lol

• 2 weeks later...