NKY fishing

UK#1fanisback

Things should start cooling off here after Labor Day.

I fished 51 days from early April through mid-June, and once since. I will start up again next week.

To answer your question there is no universal answer. If I had to pick one bass lure it would be a 3/16 oz Blue Pearl Salt and Pepper Kalin grub.

Surface baits in the morning and evening.

Crank baits (probably square bills) during the day in open water, and spinner baits around structure.

I'm pretty much a plastics guy and like to use lizards and baby brush hogs in larger lakes, skitterbaits and spoons in the river, and plastics, inline spinners, and spinnerbaits in farm ponds.

Things should start cooling off here after Labor Day.

I fished 51 days from early April through mid-June, and once since. I will start up again next week.

To answer your question there is no universal answer. If I had to pick one bass lure it would be a 3/16 oz Blue Pearl Salt and Pepper Kalin grub.

Surface baits in the morning and evening.

Crank baits (probably square bills) during the day in open water, and spinner baits around structure.

I'm pretty much a plastics guy and like to use lizards and baby brush hogs in larger lakes, skitterbaits and spoons in the river, and plastics, inline spinners, and spinnerbaits in farm ponds.

I would take all of this post directly to the bank if you want to catch fish... @Mustang is the Bill Dance of NKY

Caught 17 spots in 1 1/2 hours this morning. Water temp was 83.1. They were killing bait on top, I was killing them with a pop-R.

I had an old fishing buddy that used to say that bass "had to get their minnies."

Being in the right place and time when they are getting their "minnies" can be fun.

Glad you had a productive morning.