Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Belfry/Harlan County predictions

Who Wins? 9 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Wins?

    • Belfry
      100%
    • Harlan County
      0%
      0

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Fresh off a season opening rout, Belfry will look to make it two straight. Harlan County seems much improved this year. Can the Black Bears keep it close?

Good luck to both teams,but from what I seen last week the Pirates may be in a league of their own.Quite possibly the best team Haywood has ever coached.

Harlan County is improved from last season but this game should belong to the Pirates. Belfry is just on another level right now than the Black Bears.

I kind of see this one playing out like two years ago.

 

Harlan County is drastically improved and I see them winning their District and a playoff game for sure. Maybe even two if they continue to gel and stay healthy.

 

Harlan County has great size to negate one of Belfry's most dominating characteristics.

 

I think Belfry is going to have to stay focused and I think Harlan County will make this game a bit sloppy and slow moving with enough talent on Offense to pick up a few first downs. Now don't get me wrong... I don't ever see this game being in jeopardy... but I also can see Harlan County avoiding a running clock.

 

Maybe something like 37-7 in the 3rd when Haywood shuts it down and locks it in neutral. I am going to say 37-14 Belfry on a very fast moving game clock. HC adds a TD against the second stringers in the 4th

Harlan County has looked like two completely different offensive teams in their games.

 

Vs Pulaski County, they ran a double tight wishbone the whole game

Vs Clay County they spread it out and threw the ball around a lot

 

They were effective doing both, but were more impressive IMO keeping within 2 scores of Pulaski with the bone.

 

What will they run against the Pirates of Pond Creek?

  • Author
What will they run against the Pirates of Pond Creek?

 

Factoring in Harlan County's personnel, which one do you think would give Belfry the most trouble?

Factoring in Harlan County's personnel, which one do you think would give Belfry the most trouble?

 

I think the Power Game is what we will see, though I also am not sure it has the best chance of being the most effective.

 

Harlan County doesn't have a ton of "fast twitch fiber" type of athletes. Against lowly Clay County though they clearly had the best athletes, but against Pulaski and now Belfry they know what they are lacking.

 

Much like the Pulaski game I expect the staff to rely on their very much improved Defense as their backbone. I then expect them to try and shorten the game as much as possible by milking the clock and minimizing possessions in an attempt to keep the game within arms reach in the 3rd Quarter to have a chance (see the App State philosophy last night). Harlan County is probably one of the few teams in the State which can match up to Belfry in terms of poundage up front LOL I anticipate they will try to create a surge and keep the chains and clocks moving and take calculated chances at a big play.

 

In essence this strategy almost worked against Pulaski...and may have worked if not for a couple kickoff return TD's. With that said Pulaski is a very average run defense, Belfry is a very good run defense.

 

I could be surprised, but this is just what I expect from HC having seen what their OLine looks like and what their skill players do best.

I think they might go the other way. Belfrys DL and secondary has lots of experience but the ILBs and OLBs have some new blood. I don't think they should be throwing deep but the underneath stuff if mixed in with some good zone read runs might be their best bet.

Belfry is so good in the trenches and their team speed is so good that they are really hard to prepare for on both sides of the ball.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.