Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bluegrasspeps' Class 1A Rankings - Discussion (8/29)

Featured Replies

Class 1A

1. Pikeville vs. #5 Paintsville

2. Russellville vs. 2A #9 Butler County

3. Beechwood vs. 2A Somerset

4. Raceland vs. 4A East Carter (9/3)

5. Paintsville at #1 Pikeville

6. Hazard at 5A Letcher County Central

7. Nicholas County at Eminence

8. Fairview vs. 3A Lawrence County

9. Holy Cross (Louisville) vs. Providence (IN)

10. Frankfort at 3A Estill County

  • Author

The top 6 looks pretty solid. Can Paintsville pull an underdog victory this week? Can Fairview get back on track against Lawrence County? Who may prove they deserve to move into the top 10 this week? What other teams have a chance of being considered?

I have watched two Pikeville games. Pikeville has some excellent talent at the skill spots and some great individual talent on Defense... but right now I think they may be prime for an upset against a team that can win the LOS and win in the trenches. I believe they have had some injuries along with their graduation losses on the OLine, so take it at face value projecting forward as I expect them to improve dramatically.

I have watched two Pikeville games. Pikeville has some excellent talent at the skill spots and some great individual talent on Defense... but right now I think they may be prime for an upset against a team that can win the LOS and win in the trenches. I believe they have had some injuries along with their graduation losses on the OLine, so take it at face value projecting forward as I expect them to improve dramatically.
I agree
Class 1A

1. Pikeville vs. #5 Paintsville

2. Russellville vs. 2A #9 Butler County

3. Beechwood vs. 2A Somerset

4. Raceland vs. 4A East Carter (9/3)

5. Paintsville at #1 Pikeville

6. Hazard at 5A Letcher County Central

7. Nicholas County at Eminence

8. Fairview vs. 3A Lawrence County

9. Holy Cross (Louisville) vs. Providence (IN)

10. Frankfort at 3A Estill County

 

 

Figured Frankfort may fall out after a blow out loss. Hazard drops and I completely understand. But how many teams put up 41 with 7 turnovers..

  • Author
Figured Frankfort may fall out after a blow out loss. Hazard drops and I completely understand. But how many teams put up 41 with 7 turnovers..

Who do you propose to replace Frankfort and why?

Who do you propose to replace Frankfort and why?

 

Going by records you could put Harlan, Bracken Co or Ludlow.. But basing off how a team has performed you could throw Williamsburg in the mix as they where competitive in both games and have impressed people with how good there playing..

Going by records you could put Harlan, Bracken Co or Ludlow.. But basing off how a team has performed you could throw Williamsburg in the mix as they where competitive in both games and have impressed people with how good there playing..

 

Do you think Harlan, Bracken Co. or Ludlow would beat Frankfort?

 

As to Hazard and Paintsville changing places, my guess is that is more about how easily Paintsville beat Frankfort. We will find out this week about Paintsville - and Pikeville.

Do you think Harlan, Bracken Co. or Ludlow would beat Frankfort?

 

As to Hazard and Paintsville changing places, my guess is that is more about how easily Paintsville beat Frankfort. We will find out this week about Paintsville - and Pikeville.

 

I honestly think they could. This is not the Frankfort of the past few years.

 

Hazard should drop with there performance. But no disrespect to Fairview the other teams will beat them worse if they do not turn the ball over. But if one of there kids gets space there gone. Hazard had 6 fumbles and 1 INT and it was on the first pass play of the game.....

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.